German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a cross post! I received this on the K9 Amber Alert Yahoo group mail. I do not know anything more about this situation than what is given below.

Everyone,
Please send this out to anyone you know in the Atlanta GA area or who has contacts there. Apparently, Delta airlines just LOST a serviceman's dog that was accompanying him and his wife to Germany. Do not have an email address for owners, but if anyone sees this dog they can call Delta Airlines! Nala looks like she might be a pb GSD, so maybe the GSD rescues can keep their ears open to anyone finding one that matches Nala's description.

Complete Story can be found here: www.fortheloveofthedogblog.com

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Does ANYTHING sent by Delta get to it's location? They must have the world's worst animal shipping procedures.

Jelpy and the Mesquite Mafia

·
Registered
596 Posts
It is stories like this that make me SO NERVOUS to fly with my babies!!!:(

I pray they find their dog! so sad!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Does ANYTHING sent by Delta get to it's location? They must have the world's worst animal shipping procedures.
I could just be paranoid but it seems like a lot of their cargo "runs away", never to be seen again. Is it possible these animals are dying en route?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just received an update on Nala -

She was hit by a car and found by a road crew laying dead along I-75 - here is a statement from the lady who had been tirelessly looking for her since she went missing:

Hello everyone-

I am sorry to tell you that we have lost Nala. She was found yesterday on I-75, dead. There were not extensive injuries-I truly believe that her death was instantainous. She did not suffer.

I have sent photographs of her to Alisa who confirms that this dog is indeed Nala. I also photographed the scanner at the vets and the correct number came up. Alisa and Brian thank you so much-through all of this tension you have been so kind and eager to help. Alisa, who had no idea what she would find here, discovered that a whole community was supporting her effort to find her baby dog. She was amazed and touched that people cared about her beloved girl. Alisa's relationship with Nala was strong. Nala was more, actually than her child. She was her protector, her best friend. It went beyond love, they were partners. Nala was her heart dog. When I saw Nala tonight I stroked her all over her body, held her head and told her "Everybody loves you". She was a beautiful, good girl.

Rest in peace, Nala. :gsdhead:

If anyone is interested, a petition has been started to try to improve the accountability of commercial transporters, including the airlines:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/delta-airlines-demand-reform-accountability-for-transport-pet-safety/

Delta Airlines is donating $1000 to the Atlanta Pet Rescue in memory of Nala and in honor of all the people who helped look for her.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
$1000.... thats it? They've done nothing but continually LOSE animals (some i'm convinced they killed en route and just didnt want to own up to it). Thats ridiculous. Am totally against Delta. massive ick on Delta. I feel for this family who lost their fur baby.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Alisa and Brian thank you so much-through all of this tension you have been so kind and eager to help. Alisa, who had no idea what she would find here, discovered that a whole community was supporting her effort to find her baby dog. She was amazed and touched that people cared about her beloved girl.
Too bad none of those people happened to be Delta's baggage handlers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts