German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since we started crate training three nights ago he has seemed completely disinterested in eating in the morning. This only seems to be in the morning though. By the time he gets to dinner he absolutely inhales his raw meal.

I'm just wondering if it has something to do with the stress of the crate training, or if it's because we've switched him to Orijen. It didn't seem like he had a problem with Orijen when we were mixing with Purina. Now there's very little Purina and he doesn't eat as much as he used to. This morning he barely at at all.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
As long as he's generally eating fine. Don't worry about this.

KEEP UP CRATE TRAINING. If you act normal, and the crate (with a tossed in treat) becomes normal than everthing will be fine.

Heck, there's even a DVD you and get called 'Crate Games' that will make your pup LOVE LOVE LOVE the crate!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the links! Ugh, I feel like I'm the puppy and I need training. I imagine this is what it's like with new parents. Not wanting to mess up. Not wanting to do something that will damage them. I'm trying not to overthink things though :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so he barely touched his breakfast and he didn't eat any of his lunch... this is a dog that nearly inhaled everything we put in front of him during his first week here. I don't get it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts