German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with great sadness I write about the loss of my almost 10 yr. old GSD Raven. She quietly took her last breath on May 20, 2015, and I still can't believe she is gone. She survived oral osteosarcoma two years ago with life-saving surgery, and I can't believe that it was pneumonia and sepsis, not cancer, that took her from me. She was asymptomatic one minute and was packed in ice with a fever of 106 and in septic shock the next. X-rays & blood work revealed a massive lung infection - rushed her to the emergency vet as soon as she "looked funny" in the eyes - kind of like your kids do when they're sick. Refused food & water - I knew it was bad. RIP my sweet Raven - we all loved you - see you at the Bridge.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Sending lots of hugs and sympathy your way:hugs:..... Rest in peace sweet girl...

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Cherish the memories. Deb

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sorry for your loss.
This was written by Sabis mom, a poster here.

Saying goodbye. Watching that light in their eyes go out forever, hearing that last exhale, feeling that unstoppable heart flutter to a stop. It's a deal we make when we bring them home, and it looms in the distance like some great void until that final moment when it reaches out and pulls us in.
In that moment the all the rest, the mess, the work, the mud and hair, the aching muscles, the spilled drinks and stolen steak, become the things you yearn for. Each and every moment is a fallen leaf, that will never be again until finally the tree is left bare with only a memory of what it was to blossom.

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
I'm so sorry. :(

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. There are many, many of us here who have experienced not just the loss, but also the sudden onset and loss, as you have. It is so hard. My heart goes out to you.

Susan

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I am so very sorry, I know you are heartbroken. Raven will never really die as long as you hold her in your heart. Run free, sweet girl!

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
I'm sorry.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you everyone - in a strange way, I felt so much more at peace when I brought her ashes home. They are now next to her favorite ball and collar on my dresser. She will always be with me - but you're right - I'd give anything to just wipe those dirty paws one more time....

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
"the deal we make when we bring them home", indeed. i am so sorry for your loss. RIP beautiful german shepherd dog Raven.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts