German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh? I can't even remember where i heard or read that so you probably right. I was also told not to play with his ears or they won't stand up but that sounded way to impractical so i researched that one and it's not true. Don't tug pull or be rough with them but what dog doesn't like a scratch behind the ears?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've read about the teething thing too, I think it's because whilst they're teething they chew a lot and this strengthens the ear muscles which help the ears to stand. Then people say if the ears aren't up after the adult teeth are in you can tape them, I think it's just to do with the age of the dog and giving the ear muscles a chance to strengthen. My pup is 10 weeks and his are trying to point up but are still a bit floppy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are so cute with floppy ears though. I know that his breed standards are pointed ears but unlike my husband its just not that important to me. Cute floppy ears,lopsided, or regal pointed ears he's still my Timbre.

·
Registered
990 Posts
My friend has an Aussie shepherd with one ear up and one down / he's the cutest looking dog, he looks so cheeky :)

Don't worry yet there's no reason why your pups ears shouldn't go up!!!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Teething is usually over around 6-7 months. It's not uncommon for it to affect their ears.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My puppy is in the same category although over the last few days he has had both up momentarily. Like it was said before I think the teething process promotes the cartilage strength with all the chewing so until after that it isn't recommended to entertain tapping.

My "lopsided" puppy:

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
is an Aussie Shepherd an Australian Shepherd? Australian Shepherds
have folded ears.

My friend has an

>>>>Aussie shepherd<<<<

with one ear up and one down / he's the cutest looking dog, he looks so cheeky :)

Don't worry yet there's no reason why your pups ears shouldn't go up!!!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my last GSD ears went up a 6 months old. the dog i have
now ears went up at 5 months old. before that both dog's
ears did the dance. "one ear up, one ear down, both ears
all around".

·
Banned
377 Posts
I think that teething is very stressful on the body, just like with children, and their bodies respond by having problems in other areas. JMHO
It is very possible his ears will go up and stay up long before teething is over.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts