German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say "hello". Obviously new to the site, but have been reading posts here for a couple of weeks now.

I have only had 1 dog in my life. GSD named Duke. I decided in 1996 that it was time to get a dog. Had considered nothing but GS's and had a good idea on what I wanted from a dog. Would not do it until my schedule would allow it because the absolute last thing I wanted was to not give the dog the time he needed and deserved. While I did my research and purchased from a breeder the experience turned out not so good.

Duke was a great dog and we played/trained daily. At 9 months old a problem developed and Duke passed. Immediatly following was the bad part of the breeder experience. As this outfit is still in business and I'm sure it is frowned upon here I will leave it at that.

Fast forward to now and I have a wife and 2 girls (10 and 8), and we want a dog. They have wanted one for a while, but knowing who the primary POC will be for the dog I once again wanted to make sure I was ready. I am. With the advantage of internet plus knowing what I didn't know the first time I have selected a breeder and will be put on a waiting list this Friday hopefully.

I'm sure I will check in here daily and typical of me will do more reading than posting, however it is good to know how many resident experts are here.

I did go to a training session at the breeders place this past weekend and must say "WOW". It really seems this is a reputable breeder that is serious about the breed. Those dogs were beautiful, and so well mannered. That is what I want out of our dog, and I am actually excited at this point to get more involved.

Yeah I know that was kind of a rambling introduction. Anyway "greetings"

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on a new GSD!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello and Welcome!:greet:

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
So sorry your lost your dog at such a young age. Give yourself a pat on the back for doing your research first and congratulations on the new pup-to-be. Guess you'll have to go on the 'waiting list' forum

·
Registered
27,270 Posts
Happy anniversary! Icon is gorgeous! :wub:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
wow gorgeous dog! Aren't german shepherds the best breed ever? I will never own a different breed. Nothing against other breeds. I love dogs but I love this breed to death!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Welcome aboard. We can't wait to see pictures of your family addition when she comes along.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts