German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! This is my first post on here, so I’m hoping for some information and join the community. I saw a liver Shepard and fell in love with the color. So I started to do a bit of research and browsing for some breeders. I’ve been having a hard time finding breeders that seem legit. All the stuff I’ve seen have been has been sketchy and not reputable. I was curious if anyone knows of any breeders who are honest and good people to work with? Any recommendations would be incredible. Thanks you guys have a blessed day.
-BooNN

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Liver is considered a fault so reputable breeders will not intentionally breed for it. The breeders who will are focused on the profit of "rare" colors. The only way to get a dilute from a reputable breeder is if you are very very lucky and they produce a liver puppy by accident.

If you are set on liver then maybe select a breed where that color is not considered a fault. You may also be able to find one via a rescue, but quality of the puppy will not be guaranteed.

If you are willing to consider nonfault colors your search for a reputable breeder will be much easier.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Color is not the first thing to want when wanting a puppy. Health temperament then color is the key. Livers, Hobo, Silver,blue are not the standard. These are bred for the money only and not even close to a rare color. Just a hype.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Where do you live? There are a many great breeders of all lines if you let people hear on the forum where you are located you may get some breeder names. You can go to your local gsd club and watch trials, shows and find out what you like and connect with names of breeders that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts