German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for preferably a retired breeding female, but would take the right male. My mother lost her dog a couple months ago and is ready to get another companion. The back story for having an older dog is because my mom is in her early 70's and is having moderate health issues, and doesn't want to go through the puppy phase. My mom is single and is looking for a great, well mannered, and lower drive dog that will be treated like a true member of the family. Finding a dog that is titled is not a must, but we'd like the dog to be moderately trained, able to get along with other dogs, (male & female) and be great around kids. I have talked with Chris Wild and Cliff Anderson, and they're keeping their ears open, but I figured I would post this up and hit more folks. We are located in South Carolina and wouldn't mind traveling for the right companion. We are also not interested in breaking the bank for this dog, but wouldn't mind paying for the right dog.

If anyone knows of anything please let me know.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I think this is a great idea, I have done this and get great dogs, don't limit yourself to retired breeders, I adopted a return when the owner returned her to the breeder when the owner was in end stages cancer. Lots of breeders take back dogs and they are often well trained and returned through no problem of their own. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts