German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct forum given what I'm looking for, so, Mods, please feel free to move it as appropriate. I'm seeking referrals for a perceptive, GSD experienced trainer who can come to my home, observe Rachel, and Rachel and me, and give me further insights (and any training tips) w/re her character and behavior. Because I got Rachel as a 4/5 month old, from the local shelter, I've no idea as to her background nor her early experiences. She's come a long way from her initial stranger/dog reactivity, but I'd like to understand and work with her better.

Let me quickly say that no problems have generated my post (e.g., she's not lunged at or tried to bite anyone). Recently, however, I've seen (or believe I've seen) possible indications that she may have more depth or grit (sorry, that's how I think about things like this) than I'd previously thought. If that's true, it's neither good nor bad IMO, it simply is. Either way, I'd like another pair of experienced "eyes on the ground" to tell me what s/he sees and if that perception maps onto mine.

So, two questions: First, is such an assessment possible to arrange? Second, can anyone recommend someone who could do this?

Thanks,

Aly

ETA: I estimate that Rachel's about 18 months, give or take, now.

·
Registered
31,474 Posts
Yes. I think Karen would come to your house.
PUPS

Very experience with Shepherds, working breeds and trains in IPO.

·
Super Moderator
4,810 Posts
You are in luck. There are a few really good trainers in the DMV. Juergen's 2nd language is English but he really knows dogs. But like most trainers, the real student is the handler ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts