German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I live in Riyadh,Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, i would love to have a pure 100% DDR pup bloodline, i prefer two colors - dark black sable & bicolor. doesn't matter where the breeder located as long as he/she got pure bloodline.i will be grateful if i find the pup that i want .

thanks
sultan

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
given the location of Sultan I would look to Germany as well.

East German Kennel
Had terrific experience with Parchimer Land

I told Michael I want a dog with high intelligence , the character dog , the one with the old working style . He understood. Took great care.
I am raving over the male I got "Como" , first pick male. Also got a female same litter, Chiba --- .
He nailed it . Got it right.

another kennel that I has ddr dogs and is a true working sheep farm is Gerhard Baumann of vom Lord Fandor "von Lord Fandor" . These people try to preserve the raisson d'etre of the breed . Great pedigrees. I was going to offer this link in a discussion on conformation. Look at Hetty Schwedenschanzen , if only in the picture on the upper right hand corner. What beautiful fluid functional movement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys ...

yeah i stopped my search in US because some breeder asked for 8000$ to get a puppy. these prices isn't reasonable at all. I only have one question left in my mind , what the average price for pure DDR pup ?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Sultan....the reason a breeder may have quoted you such an exasperated price ($8000) for a puppy, is because there are many Internet scams going on daily. Possibly because of where you are located...they "assumed" you to be just another scammer.
...just a thought of possibility...

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Sultan , 8,000$ for a dog ? , were they trying to take advantage because of your location , Saudi Arabia.
What were they trying to sell you. Some of the west German show lines can go for sky high prices , one of the reasons activity is so competitive. Dogs are counted on recovering that and more in studs and pups .
Does your country have extraordinary import regulations . I am thinking of the time I sent a dog to Hong Kong. Boy that was so difficult , and long and drawn out , when they contacted me for another dog I begged off.

I bought an outstanding ddr pup 1,000 euros .

I think that is well within the average price .

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Internet scamming schemes, cause breeders to "question" many Internet inquiries regarding available dogs/puppies....especially when the inquiry is from another country.
I read about it almost every day....shoot...I've had several myself.
Puppies can range in price "from all over the board"...WL or SL.
I would consider $1500-$2500 US dollar price..the average normal prices for either.
..some lower, some may be even higher...
Most puppies that I see available in Germany, range in price of 700 euro to 1000 euro.
...again, some may be slightly lower or higher...
jmo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the breeder i have talked with was one of the famous breeders, but i stopped sending him since he locate in USA . I still looking in Germany facing alot of difficulty with dutch langauge, but google helped me alot and i think my chance would be with spring letters . the [rices you have mentioned here its reasonable. i will let u know when i get my new friend

thanks

·
Registered
822 Posts
We paid 600 Euro for our full DDR puppy and the breeder didn't know English at all. Thanks to Google, etc we could both understand each other. With any breeder's whether their here in the USA or over seas, you still have to do your research on them, etc before jumping into getting a puppy b/c it's full DDR or what ever line your looking for, etc.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts