German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a certified breeder. The closest to NY the better. I’m not looking for show quality just a young Shepard that I can put through training for a service pet for myself. I thought about using puppyspot.com but my bank isn’t trusting that. I was kind of disappointed because I already had my queen picked out. PLEASE I NEED HELP

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If you need an SD that take a very special dog. In general GSD's often do not make good service dogs. Why do you want a GSD for an SD vs one of the fab five breeeds?

Please don't buy a puppy on a place like puppyspot. Those sites are just middlemen for puppy mills and likely the puppy you see pictured is not what you will get.

Take a step back and research the breed and breeders more before buying a puppy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think your bank is right in not trusting that site. Puppyspot looks like dog brokers website for puppy mills. Stay away. Research your local GSD club with registered breeders and go from there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a GSD for my sevice dog. The best dog I've ever had.GSD learn very fast but take a couple years to mature. Once they know what you want from them ,they are very happy to work for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts