German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for The Power of Playing Tug in particular.

But I'm also interested in any of his advanced obedience. motivation videos. Please PM me if you are looking to sell or can let me borrow. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
2,856 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
2,856 Posts
True. I saw the sale, I am reluctant though. I don't like their terms, you can use the link just once, which means you are allowed one download. If something happens to that file or my disk, I am without the video.

Besides, I prefer to watch it on TV rather than at my desk.
You can use the view link more than once. The videos I have purchased have a limit of 5 years viewing.

From Leerburg On Demand | Frequently Asked Questions

"How long will I have access to my Pay Per View video?
Once you enter your payment information and your card is approved, you can begin watching your video immediately. We are now offering a rental period of five years for all of our videos, and there is no limit to how many times you can watch them. You will be able to view the video up until midnight of the last day in your rental period. You will receive an email confirmation when you first purchase the video that will include the last day it will be available for you to watch."

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
You can use the view link more than once. The videos I have purchased have a limit of 5 years viewing.

Once you enter your payment information and your card is approved, you can begin watching your video immediately. We are now offering a rental period of five years for all of our videos, and there is no limit to how many times you can watch them. You will be able to view the video up until midnight of the last day in your rental period. You will receive an email confirmation when you first purchase the video that will include the last day it will be available for you to watch."

Yes.
And OP, you are welcome.:cool:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Oh. I have to admit I stopped reading once I read this : "You will receive one unique link per order, which is redeemable once by one user only." I thought it meant one download per purchase.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It wouldn't address the issue. Whats to prevent a friend from logging in with my id and watching? I am assuming the 'access once per user' clause means your account is given access to stream the video as many times as you like, as David says. This is why that one clause made no sense to me.
Securing purchases would have to be tighter than that. :p

And if they are tracking by IP address, everytime I connect to the net, my IP changes to anywhere in the tristate.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It wouldn't address the issue. Whats to prevent a friend from logging in with my id and watching? I am assuming the 'access once per user' clause means your account is given access to stream the video as many times as you like, as David says. This is why that one clause made no sense to me.

And if they are tracking by IP address, everytime I connect to the net, my IP changes to anywhere in the tristate.
you will have to make your own user name and password on leerburg website to access the video , so I do not think anybody else can access, short to have password

·
Super Moderator
2,856 Posts

You are to prevent your friends from logging into your account and watching. You agree not to do so when you agree to the user agreement. Copyright laws are laws still the same. I understand that the youth of today is engaged in P2P sharing and the theft of copyrighted material as if these laws do not exist.

Leerburg Ent. has gone through much trouble and expense to make their videos very difficult to download from the web, due to the lack of ethics of the average web user these days. They are however very easy to watch, even from S. Korea.

In the end, there is nothing to stop people from pirating materials except their own ethics and morals.

JMHO

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are to prevent your friends from logging into your account and watching. You agree not to do so when you agree to the user agreement. Copyright laws are laws still the same. I understand that the youth of today is engaged in P2P sharing and the theft of copyrighted material as if these laws do not exist.

Leerburg Ent. has gone through much trouble and expense to make their videos very difficult to download from the web, due to the lack of ethics of the average web user these days. They are however very easy to watch, even from S. Korea.

In the end, there is nothing to stop people from pirating materials except their own ethics and morals.

JMHO

sigh. You are wasting your breath lecturing to the judge on the law :p. I was not talking about myself. It was a reply to Sunflowers' posts and inane discussions when I clearly said I don't like streaming videos at my desk. I would rather watch it on TV, hence the post looking for a copy of the video which I would like to own.

I understand and really do appreciate your input about why streaming a video makes sense, and thank you that you clarified my assumption of that one clause. Your replies to me made perfect sense, and are much appreciated :)

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Inane means silly and stupid.
You are being such a wonderful person. Made my evening, really.

This is what I get for taking the time to try and help someone.

I need to walk away from the computer before I post something that will get me banned.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I need to walk away from the computer before I post something that will get me banned.

I didnt say your posts were inane. I said the discussions were. I was trying to explain something that wasnt getting communicated and I realised I should have just said thankyou and left it at that, because making my point was not so important :)

·
Registered
556 Posts

No need for that, just choose better who you want to help. :)

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
You actually mentioned "borrowing" which for most would be somewhat difficult to mail a physical copy back and forth, not to mention to a complete stranger on "loan".
This would be why so many have suggested streaming as it is convenient with no need to "loan".

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
You actually mentioned "borrowing" which for most would be somewhat difficult to mail a physical copy back and forth, not to mention to a complete stranger on "loan".
This would be why so many have suggested streaming as it is convenient with no need to "loan".
Exactly.
I did not want to insult Sri, the OP, by suggesting a Google search where, for $69, a copy of the DVD can be purchased.

So it was the "discussion" that was inane. Except that I was the "discussee."

The smiley faces do not lessen the sting of the insult.

And, yes, you should have said thank you. Would have been nice.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts