German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting an E-bike to being able to take Deja deeper into the hills (mostly gravel roads) without me getting exhausted or having to walk uphill with a bike. I also like to use that bike to bike to town over hilly but asphalt pavement, about 5 miles so I don't arrive at appointments in a sweat and a red face. I have been studying them on Youtube. Any recommendations (front, center or rear wheel power), experiences? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has an electric motor to help me in the hills with Deja and not to arrive at appointments in a sweat. It would actually limit my driving for a good part.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just get a motorcycle, you’ll get there faster and look cool doing it...maybe.
:grin2: I know they don't look cool so I won't either (least of my worries "at my age") but it is mainly for biking in the hills with Deja and at the same time I don't have to use my car for shopping-less errands.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
There are download ebike rental apps where you can rent one first to make sure you will like it before investing in one. You type in your area and it will show available bikes closest to you. It's all app driven so I think there is a scanning device that unlocks the bike via the app.

This is a link to info of one company, not the actual app link if you are interested. https://www.uber.com/ride/uber-bike/

Way way way back when I was in high school, a guy I knew took a lawn mower engine and rigged it onto his bike. First power bike I ever saw. This thread brought back a memory.lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,686 Posts
Also check your local traffic laws. Some towns might consider them bicycles, some motor vehicles, some have no idea how to label them and want you to save the trouble by just staying off of the streets.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just get a motorcycle, you’ll get there faster and look cool doing it...maybe.
Hehe, this is what I did. But as for looking cool at my age... well, not likely... but it sure is fun. Here are my two current bikes.

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's kinda weird to take Deja along next to a motorbike in the hills. Sorry, you guys, It'll be an E-bike most likely.

·
Super Moderator
4,686 Posts
Hubby and I have an Honda Goldwing and thought about putting a sidecar on it so we could take our Big-boy along on rides...than I bought my gal-dog. bye bye side car. Now we have an RV.

I thought about having my dogs trot beside my bicycle but I wasn't keen on the idea of having them running a mile or two all on hard top.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hubby and I have an Honda Goldwing and thought about putting a sidecar on it so we could take our Big-boy along on rides...than I bought my gal-dog. bye bye side car. Now we have an RV.

I thought about having my dogs trot beside my bicycle but I wasn't keen on the idea of having them running a mile or two all on hard top.
I don't think we have any idea when we get our first large dog on what gadgets (big and small) we will purchase.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts