German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering if anyone has some experience with canczech dogs in BC and if i should contact them for a quality working line gsd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jean Schraderhaus
Schraderhaus k9 in Washington state.
Jean has some of the best working lines. Also fb strictly working gsd.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have a male out of Canczech's Xly z Canczech and Bori Soky-Pe. He is a great dog and I am training him toward his titles in PSA. He is solid black, with very nice working structure and weighs 105 pounds. He is very fast and agile. He has very good prey drive which is balanced with strong aggression, but he has a higher threshold for defense and is not overly reactive. He is not dog aggressive and is socially appropriate, but not the type of dog you take to a family picnic. HIs competiton obedience is very nice and his bite mechanics are great with a full mouthed, hard, calm pushing bite. He was a total maniac as a pup and has matured into a great dog that can be in the house and not bother a thing. He does go berserk if he is in the crate in the van and any one comes near the vehicle. Tony and his wife are great at raising and imprinting pups, exposing them to unique things that most breeders don't. Breeding is not their livelihood and they only breed a couple of litters a year. They recently obtained a new breeding bitch and a new stud dog. They are into using their dogs in movies and have several of their dogs and pups in the Apple TV series "See." If you are interested, you need to get a pup reserved early. They only let a few pups go out of Canada because where they live, they cannot ship a pup to the states until he is 16 weeks old and has had his rabies shot. They will charge a little more for the extra time they have to feed and house the pup, but put a lot of time in working with the pup and exposing him to many different environmental stressors.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Here are a couple of videos from a few months ago. The carjacking was his very first time doing that scenario. HIs courage bites keep getting better and better and is developing very nice controlled aggression which PSA is all about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a male out of Canczech's Xly z Canczech and Bori Soky-Pe. He is a great dog and I am training him toward his titles in PSA. He is solid black, with very nice working structure and weighs 105 pounds. He is very fast and agile. He has very good prey drive which is balanced with strong aggression, but he has a higher threshold for defense and is not overly reactive. He is not dog aggressive and is socially appropriate, but not the type of dog you take to a family picnic. HIs competiton obedience is very nice and his bite mechanics are great with a full mouthed, hard, calm pushing bite. He was a total maniac as a pup and has matured into a great dog that can be in the house and not bother a thing. He does go berserk if he is in the crate in the van and any one comes near the vehicle. Tony and his wife are great at raising and imprinting pups, exposing them to unique things that most breeders don't. Breeding is not their livelihood and they only breed a couple of litters a year. They recently obtained a new breeding bitch and a new stud dog. They are into using their dogs in movies and have several of their dogs and pups in the Apple TV series "See." If you are interested, you need to get a pup reserved early. They only let a few pups go out of Canada because where they live, they cannot ship a pup to the states until he is 16 weeks old and has had his rabies shot. They will charge a little more for the extra time they have to feed and house the pup, but put a lot of time in working with the pup and exposing him to many different environmental stressors.
Thanks for the great info on canczech dogs your dog also sounds great. I did send them an email to try and get in touch with them to see what their plans are for future breedings as for shipping I wouldn’t have to they’re only a few hours from me.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
It helps if you can be very descriptive in what traits you are looking for in a dog so they can hopefully match you with the right pup. They pick for you. I was very clear that I wanted a dog with very good drive, nerves and confident aggression and told them I would definitely be competing with the dog if he had what it takes. I was fortunate because they held a couple of pups for themselves for breeding and they wanted the type of dog that would do well on a movie set, so they were not looking for a more serious dog. Also, the litter was nine pups with five males, so that increased the odds of me getting what I wanted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It helps if you can be very descriptive in what traits you are looking for in a dog so they can hopefully match you with the right pup. They pick for you. I was very clear that I wanted a dog with very good drive, nerves and confident aggression and told them I would definitely be competing with the dog if he had what it takes. I was fortunate because they held a couple of pups for themselves for breeding and they wanted the type of dog that would do well on a movie set, so they were not looking for a more serious dog. Also, the litter was nine pups with five males, so that increased the odds of me getting what I wanted.
Thanks for the recommendation Chip I emailed Canczech just waiting on a reply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts