German Shepherds Forum banner

Looking for home made GSD food recipe

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Blazegsd 
#1 ·
My 14 week old puppy is showing signs of having a sensitive stomach. Anyone have a good recipe?

#3 ·
It is Purina dry and wet Puppy food. Treats vary, some store bought, some custom bakery, some home cooked meat.
She has been vomiting. Of course when she is active after eating, it can happen. But yesterday she did at @ 1AM. Her last meal was before 8 and she sleeps in a crate so she wasn't moving after bedtime. About a week ago she woke us up @ 5 several nights vomiting, but it was only yellow stomach bile. So, I'm am startng to concider making her food, since the current situation has left me jobless, we can not afford the high end food.

#4 ·
I think a vet visit is in order for your pup with these types of symptoms.

A puppy's nutrition has to be VERY specific in order for them to properly develop physically and mentally.

I would slowly change to a better quality kibble (there are many threads on this site about kibble), and not feed her anything else. Use the kibble as treats. Ingredients in so many different items that she is eating could be causing upset.

Visit your vet and see what he/she recommends to get this under control.

#5 ·
I think a vet visit is in order for your pup with these types of symptoms.

A puppy's nutrition has to be VERY specific in order for them to properly develop physically and mentally.

I would slowly change to a better quality kibble (there are many threads on this site about kibble), and not feed her anything else. Use the kibble as treats. Ingredients in so many different items that she is eating could be causing upset.

Visit your vet and see what he/she recommends to get this under control.
Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it! I will call our vet.

#8 ·
Yellow stomach bile in the wee hours or early morning sounds like "hunger pukes" to me. It's fairly common in active pups that burn a lot of calories. If the vet gives a clean bill of health I would try to offer a small snack before your bedtime.
How often are you feeding? Times of day? What is the amount of time from the last meal of the day and morning meal? How much are you feeding?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.