German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5.9 month old German Shepherd puppy who has been fed kibble his entire life. I've fed him Blue Buffalo for Large Breed puppies, Costco puppy food (for a more limited time period), and currently have him on the Victor line of food (Hi-pro plus in particular).

I'd like to feed him a raw chicken foot every now and then for the glucosamine content. Would this cause any problems? I'm posting specifically because I have him on kibble, not raw food.

Thank you.

·
Registered
9,919 Posts
A chicken foot now and then won't even put a dent into his overall diet (IMHO). In our supermarket they are way overpriced.

·
Registered
31,374 Posts
chicken feet are fine. My dogs love them. I cut the nails off because I"m paranoid. they will keep his teeth clean too!

·
Registered
346 Posts
My dogs love them too but i dont think they digest very well. I always see the feet skin in their poop. Oh oh, once i gave a chicken foot that was partly frozen( thought he would spend some lore time chewing) 1 min later foot was gone i thought well yeah ok whatever. And then went upstairs with the puppy there he decided he wanted to take that foot out and vomited right at my feet THE WHOLE chicken foot with the other stuff he'd eaten It was very disgusting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts