German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2yr old german shepherd, ive had him since 12weks old. he is a GREAT dog. listens well, loves kids, other dogs, etc.... he is really the best dog ive had. so he is now 2, and we had our first child, she is now a month old... our shepherd now seems protective, which is expected, but now also seems irratable maybe? he is still the same loving dog to our family, but we have noticed him growling sometimes and showing his teeth on some ocations, to mainly strangers....its like hes not as friendly to introduce. is this cause the new baby? will it change? what should i do, do i punish him? even had a time a friend who he knows and seen a few times, started petting him, kind of rough, just to play a little, and he showed his teeth....he never used to do that..... thoughts anyone? thanks so much

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've heard of similar things happening with shepherds when babies arrive -- even had a friend say her dog changed when she was pregnant. But no firsthand experience or suggestions on how to deal with it. Hopefully someone who does will chime in.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Welcome! Sorry about your problem. I suggest you post your question in the aggression forum and you also may want to search the threads there. Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts