German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Working line breeder near Houston, Texas without the over the top drive. I know GSD's are active, but not looking to Sch Train, just a companion for family with obedience training. Thanks for help!

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I'm getting my puppy from Van Meerhout in Hutto, TX. I don't know enough about bloodlines to say they have the best lines, but I know enough about honesty, integrity, and reputable breeding practices to say they're one of the best around in that sense. They breed working line dogs.

Van Meerhout German Shepherds

I'm waiting (im)patiently for a puppy from the P litter.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Germel Haus Mellodee Middelton She owns my dogs Grand Sire Eli She has great dogs an a great breeding program.
=:= Germelhaus German Shepherd Dogs =:= Breeding Top Working Schutzhund GSDs

GerdesHaus Amanda & Jeremy

They have a litter due from Cena (was on animal planet and a Kick a** girl) and Fox (who was 2nd in nantionals this year in SchH) I really wish I could get a pup from this litter. They have a great site with lots of information.
GerdesHaus German Shepherds - Texas - Breed, Import German Shepherd, GerdesHaus Texas German Shepherd Breeder

I hope these two place help you out. I personal train with Mellodee and have worked with Amanda. I have visted both of their kennels. I keeping up with both of them b/c I will be get a pup next year. PM me for more details. :D

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Danielle, I am literally five houses down from Amanda and Jeremy! If you're up this way in about 9 or 10 weeks, let me know and you can come see my puppy!

Edit: ok, since I'm so close to Gerdeshaus everybody is probably wondering why I didn't go with them. They're good people with an excellent program and are definitely good breeders. My husband didn't want to go with a breeder so close to our house because he was afraid it would end up being "our dog." As in mine, his, and theirs. Also there was a litter closer to being on the ground at Meerhout than at Gerdeshaus.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Emoore,

That is so cool!!! I love that area I even tried to get my husband to move to Princeton he likes the city :rolleyes: ...LOL The new litter they have coming up is going to be great tho. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts