German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I'm looking for a female black GSD puppy to join our family. I live in Portland Oregon with my husband and two children ages 9 & 10. We are looking for a family dog that we can share our active lifestyle with. Mountain biking, hiking, running and boating are all things we like to do as a family. (When age appropriate for the pup of course :) )

I am personally interested in a dog that I can work with for truffle hunting and other types of scent work. As a newbie, it has been challenging finding a breeder that has the kind of pup we are looking for. Could anyone recommend a breeder that is reputable and might have a black female pup? Huge thanks in advance for any guidance!

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I had to look up truffle hunting which is seems very interesting. All the things you describe is what german shepherds excel in. My asl most favorite thing to do is scent work - some of the breeders pups went off to be cadaver dogs- which always impresses me. She does not have any black dogs though. Huntergreen mentioned a breeder that has a black wgsl which are not very common in wgsl’s. Beth at Hollow Hills. I have heard of the Black wgsl male she brought in he looks gorgeous. I purchased my female-Luna - from Beth we do scent work game for fun and she always impresses. Trailed my daughter from parking lot to the exact same door she entered to the school hours later in extreme traffic - with hardly any training. Luna alway made me look like I knew what I was doing from the very beginning, naturally obedient, very biddable just an all around easy girl even on her worst day. Very happy with my girl and she loves water she will swim just to swim which I think is quite cool! Luna watching over her flock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts