German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just found this great website and thought it would be a good place to help my family find a forever GSD friend. I have been looking at petfinder and rescue sites. I have an inquiry on Cloe, who is at a shelter in Zanesville. Also an inquiry on Mick who is with a rescue in Kentucky. I'm in Ohio by the way. Here is our family situation just incase someone knows of a gsd in need of a home. Our household consists of myself, my hubby, our 7 year old daughter and one laid back female cat. I'm an experienced GSD owner and have fostered a few in the past. I prefer an adult who is out of the puppy stage but am willing to work with a young dog. We own our home and have a fenced yard. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I would pay attention to the urgent forums. There are TONS of dogs showing up in ohio.

Theres a beautiful all black GSD under chillicothe, OH. He's stunning.
But I'm just hoping he gets to a good family.
Thanks for rescuing!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
He is a beauty --

Info & contact for further info : )
"Thnaks for the email asking about Tanner. He came in to the shelter as a stray February 6th so we are just now learning about him ourselves. For the moment, he seems like a fairly calm dog but we haven't had the opprotunity to see how he is with kids or other dogs, as well as cats. He's in no immediate danger but we'd love for him to have a home now rather than be in here any longer than necessary. You're welcome to call me at 740-775-6808 between the hours of 9 and 4. Thanks

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
Have you thought about fostering a adult GSD and then making a decision. If you foster a few and decide to place them for adoption, super. Then when the right one comes along you will know it, and adopt the dog.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Now that is one fine gsd! So.....many from Ohio to choose from unfortunately. Thanks for making a difference.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update! Looking for a rescue to adopt

Thanks for everyones help. We adopted a beautiful female GSD on Friday night. She was listed on petfinder. Here is her link.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10224843

I would post pics but I don't have a photobucket account. She is turning out to be just awesome. Great with our daughter who is just 7 and she has totally fallen in love with my husband. She is an awesome addition to the family. I already want another one! If it was up to me I rescue every GSD in the state of Ohio!

I was surprised to find a USA tatoo in her ear. I'm trying to track down her breeder to get more info on her.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Re: Update! Looking for a rescue to adopt

Originally Posted By: LeadchangeThanks for everyones help. We adopted a beautiful female GSD on Friday night. She was listed on petfinder. Here is her link.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10224843

I would post pics but I don't have a photobucket account. She is turning out to be just awesome. Great with our daughter who is just 7 and she has totally fallen in love with my husband. She is an awesome addition to the family. I already want another one! If it was up to me I rescue every GSD in the state of Ohio!

I was surprised to find a USA tatoo in her ear. I'm trying to track down her breeder to get more info on her.
She's a beauty! Congrats on your new addition.

http://www.photobucket.com is free to use so please don't deny us pictures

·
Registered
6,271 Posts

she is a beauty!!

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts

pretty girl! She'll show up here as long as they don't update her on the petfinder site.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thank you for posting her picture. She is a beauty isn't she!!!!

·
Registered
9,147 Posts

Woohoo, she's a beautiful lady.
Best of luck, please keep us posted.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Just wanted to update everyone. Miley is settling in very well. She didn't really know how to play and was very submissive at first. Now she is coming out of her shell more everyday! She did have a nasty case of worms, which surprised me since she came from a rescue organization. We took care of that and she is good to go. Our family just loves her and can't wait to get her a buddy! Thanks for all your help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts