German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know this is asked all the time but I’ve been looking at some different breeders but can’t seem to make up my mind I’m looking for someone that’s had some good encounters with some local breeders to help me decide I’m looking for more of a sable coat or something on the darker side to try and hide some of the shedded hair lol. I looked into most of the local breeders websites but there really isn’t to many of them. I did like broomeacres web site but hear that some of the site is outdated and I couldn’t find to much info on people that have gone to see them on the forum I’ve also heard good things about bullinger but it looks like most of the gsd’s are more on the tan side. I know that broomeacres is more of a working line breeder and bullinger is more on the show side but for me I don’t need a dedicated show or working line gsd it would be more of a pet but I still want a dog that’s got a solid temperament and healthy that can come with me anywhere whether that be in the bush or in the city. If you have any recommendations feel free to let me know i’m just trying to get some input from different people with some experience. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Hey I know this is asked all the time but I’ve been looking at some different breeders but can’t seem to make up my mind I’m looking for someone that’s had some good encounters with some local breeders to help me decide I’m looking for more of a sable coat or something on the darker side to try and hide some of the shedded hair lol. I looked into most of the local breeders websites but there really isn’t to many of them. I did like broomeacres web site but hear that some of the site is outdated and I couldn’t find to much info on people that have gone to see them on the forum I’ve also heard good things about bullinger but it looks like most of the gsd’s are more on the tan side. I know that broomeacres is more of a working line breeder and bullinger is more on the show side but for me I don’t need a dedicated show or working line gsd it would be more of a pet but I still want a dog that’s got a solid temperament and healthy that can come with me anywhere whether that be in the bush or in the city. If you have any recommendations feel free to let me know i’m just trying to get some input from different people with some experience. Thanks in advance.
sent you a PM

·
Super Moderator
8,149 Posts
Sable dogs will still have light under coats, which is the majority of the hair that sheds. Even my bi color (90% black) found a way to produce grey hairs when she shed.
So you’re either looking at a solid black, and/or just embracing the lifestyle. I vote for the latter....especially when your options are already limited (geographically).

Reactions: Sabis mom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sable dogs will still have light under coats, which is the majority of the hair that sheds. Even my bi color (90% black) found a way to produce grey hairs when she shed.
So you’re either looking at a solid black, and/or just embracing the lifestyle. I vote for the latter....especially when your options are already limited (geographically).

Thanks for the info Fodder i guess i’ll have to get used to seeing lighter hair around again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts