German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I have belonged to this forum for probably 8 years or more.
I have a GSD Molly she is going to be 9 in July and she has
severe Hip Dysplasia and now she has the beginning of
Myelopathy (spl).

I got Molly from a backyard breeder but I would not change a
thing she is AMAZING. But we have spent a small fortune on her
medical bills.

We are looking for a GSD puppy I want to do it right this time
and get a puppy with a health background.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good breeder on Long Island
or close by?

I am looking into getting one from a breeder on RI called Monroehous
I just missed out a littler he has one coming due in July but he is
keeping a male and female and there is no guarantee that I will
get a male.

Any help would be great.

Thanks all

Patti and Molly

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
what are you looking for with your future dog? what do you want to do with them? Any sports? We have trouble recommending breeders if we're not sure what you're looking for in your dog.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry that I did not specify what I am looking for I was not thinking.

I am disabled and Molly was able to tell me when I was going to get an attack before I would get it. She did this all on her own. I think she smelled a change in me. She was also a therapy dog and she passed the good canine camponion test. I am looking for a dog like Molly just better health.

What I am looking for is a GREAT temperment, and a good family dog. I am looking
for a male and I really want a health guarantee if at all possible. I can't stand to
see Molly having trouble getting up.

I am not looking for sports or any trials or anything like that.

Thanks in advance
Patti and Molly

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
hmmm.... i've heard a couple working line breeders who have pups out that have made fabulous assistance dogs. Basically you could really go anywhere you can find a reputable breeders. There are several breeders here i could recommend who could either help you in finding a pup through them or direct you to a breeder who might be able to help.

Johnson-Haus being one of them. I know they have at least one dog who has gone to be a service dog of some sort and is doing fabulously.

Robin may also be able to help you out. Should be RobinHuerta on the site. You could even contact Selzer just to name a few who may be able to help point you in the right direction.

Any lines would have a dog you could possibly use i'm sure. I know its just a matter of research and talking to breeders. Hope that helps you some. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Also, pm Xeph on this forum. She may be able to send you in the correct direction.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thank you for the recommendations I will look into them.

I appreciate all the comments. The only thing is that we want to be able to see the puppy prior to getting him or meet the parents. I am just afraid I don't want to get another dog with hip problems. It must of cost us $15000 in the last 9 years for my baby girl.

I don't need a service dog she just did that on her own. We have an amazing connection that is because we are together 24/7. I am hoping that her temperament will rub off on the puppy.

hmmm.... i've heard a couple working line breeders who have pups out that have made fabulous assistance dogs. Basically you could really go anywhere you can find a reputable breeders. There are several breeders here i could recommend who could either help you in finding a pup through them or direct you to a breeder who might be able to help.

Johnson-Haus being one of them. I know they have at least one dog who has gone to be a service dog of some sort and is doing fabulously.

Robin may also be able to help you out. Should be RobinHuerta on the site. You could even contact Selzer just to name a few who may be able to help point you in the right direction.

Any lines would have a dog you could possibly use i'm sure. I know its just a matter of research and talking to breeders. Hope that helps you some. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Sorry this is off topic-but as someone who owned a rescue dog with degenerative myleopathy-do I wish she never had it yes-but if it meant not having the dog_I would take her again all over dm or not

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I find the breeder that is going to be the first thing I ask them. I can't watch another dog go through what Molly is going through. I can't have human children so Molly is my child and I love her with my whole heart.

Thanks for the comments

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Justin Mueller in Harrisburg may have a puppy or two available - I know the sire and he has super temperament - dam and pups with kids since day 1 in the whleping box...

Zwinger von der Mueller-Hof - Females

Lee

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even with all the health problems I would not change a thing this dog has brought me more love and happiness then I ever thought possible. She truly is an amazing girl. I am truly blessed to have her in my life. She has made me a better person.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts