German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have seen my post in the military working dog section. I am currently putting together a display on Military Working Dogs in World War II for an upcoming living history / educational event. If it goes over well, I may want to expand the display to several time periods.

What I really need beyond what I already have are a brown leather basket muzzle, like the style used by the military (US or German) in World War II, and a brown leather tracking harness.

BUT, as I would actually only be using these items for display and educational purposes, not actually as daily use items on Abby, I don't really want to spend $50 on one of the Ray Allen harnesses and $100+ on a nice (correct for the time period) muzzle.

Does anyone here have a harness or muzzle that are in used condition that they may want to part with? They can be really beat up, as long as all the straps are there and the leather isn't falling apart when you touch it.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Try craigs list. you can pretty well find anything on there.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. Haven't had any luck there, though.

I did get a leather muzzle for $25 at the local Feed & Seed and it's exactly what I was looking for. Too bad they don't carry tracking harnesses. *lol*

·
Registered
904 Posts
I don't know if an agility harness would be acceptable but you can find them for about $60 on the web

1 - 5 of 5 Posts