German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

I am new here and our family is looking for a 4-month old male GSD, hopefully housebroken and basic obedience started. Below is information about us, please read as able and recommend a breeder if able:

The first job I ever had was working at a kennel where they trained GSDs. As a 15-year-old and not able to legally receive a salary, they gave me a pick of the litter. That started my love of German Shepherds, and now, 36 years later, it’s stronger than ever.

My wife had never had a GSD before, but when we lived in Ohio we got one that she fell in love with, his name was King. We had him 15 years before he died, she was heartbroken as were my kids and I. Now that we have moved to Sequim, Wa. we are wanting to get another one.

I’m a pilot with United Airlines and am gone about 14 days per month, so we are looking for a combination pet and protection dog, high drive. Our kids are 18, 14, and twins that are 12, and they all love German Shepherds. I would obedience train him and am also wanting to get into Schutzhund work, but I’m not seemingly able to find any in this area.

So any male black and tan, black and silver, black and red with good drive and pedigree would be great with us. Shipping is fine, nearest airport is Seattle.

Looking forward to any recommendations you might make.

Thank you.

Mike

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Many breeders will hold back a pup as a show or trial prospect and will do some training with them. Does it matter what lines (working or show)? Many German Showlines do protection sports and are high drive with good protective instincts so I would chose either German showlines or working lines.

You can check out Theishof in Boise. Vom Banach is on the west side of WA state as is Schraderhaus. Don't have links at work but you can google them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, that is helpful.

Many breeders will hold back a pup as a show or trial prospect and will do some training with them. Does it matter what lines (working or show)? Many German Showlines do protection sports and are high drive with good protective instincts so I would chose either German showlines or working lines.

You can check out Theishof in Boise. Vom Banach is on the west side of WA state as is Schraderhaus. Don't have links at work but you can google them.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts