German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm in the process of doing my due diligence and trying to find a reputable breeder. We are semi-active and looking for a companion to join our family. We are not looking to compete in shows or sport. Strictly a family dog, one that we can love, trust to interact with family and extended family. We spend a lot of time hiking, biking and spending time at the lake....and would love to have a German Shepherd share in that experience. I have never owned one, but my daughter does have two that I have spent time with and have fallen in love with. I do love the black/red and therefore leaning towards a WGSL.

Like a few other people here, I'm having a hard time getting a old of Robin with Huerta Hof and I have yet to hear back from Alta-Tollhaus. Both breeders seem to be highly recommended here.

I live in the Chicago area and willing to travel 4 to 5 hours for the right breeder. I'm not really interested in having a puppy transported from a distance as I would like to meet the breeder in person. Also, willing to spend what is needed to get a dog that carries on all the traits that they are well known for.

Any thoughts on the following breeders would be appreciative and also any other recommendations would be great. Also, what should I be looking for as far as a guarantee/warranty?

My bodyguard german shepherd dogs
My BodyGuard German Shepherd Dogs - German Shepherd Puppies and adults for sale

Chicagoland German Shepherds
Welcome to VOM FAEHNRICH GERMAN SHEPHERDS | Chicagolands Premier German Shepherd Breeder

VomLauterbach German Shepherds
German Shepherds Home Page

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Julie at My Bodyguard is very knowledgeable and experienced with GSD's. They have a boarding kennel, offer training classes and has a Schutzhund Club as well. I met her when I went there to do a breeding last fall, with one of their club members males, and she was such a pleasure to work with. One of the puppies went to a home near there and is training at My Bodyguard.

vom Faehnrich-I don't know them... The 3 females they have listed are very nice... Hard to know if they own one of the males, or they are all males that they have used, but quality studs.

vom Lauterbach-again, I don't know them. Their website is really out of date, as most of the dogs listed are or would be over 10 years old.. only a few in recent years.

I know some people have problems getting into website to update...

Of the three you listed, My Bodyguard would be my personal choice...

Health Warranty - most will cover OFA Hips and Elbows (officials passing at 2 years).

Good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts