German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

In July 2018, my husband and I lost our boy, Gunner, unexpectedly and it has been a hard time for us. Now that some time has passed, we are ready to start looking into getting another dog. We haven't decided what breed we would like, but of course the GSD is in the running. We are wanting to find the right breeder and I am hoping maybe you all can help. Anyone have any breeders they would recommend in or around Kentucky? I found a thread that was three years old discussing this topic but with the age of it, I wanted to start a new thread.

Thank you so much for your time!

·
Registered
32,556 Posts
What is the link to the thread you found? It might still be very relevant and the active members have changed so much since then so it's possible there's info there that could be omitted in this thread.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jax,

Thanks for the reply! Doing a little more digging on a computer and not on my phone, here are the following threads I have found:

I have gathered a few breeders from these threads,Kleinen Hain German Shepherds, Drache Feld, and von Schneiden Fels. By the looks of the posts, those three seem to be great breeders. I should have done more looking before posting. Thanks for the reply!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have gathered a few breeders from these threads,Kleinen Hain German Shepherds, Drache Feld, and von Schneiden Fels. By the looks of the posts, those three seem to be great breeders. I should have done more looking before posting. Thanks for the reply!!
I don't really know too much about pedigrees but I do know that my pup has some dogs from von Schneiden Fels as grandparents. I just wanted to note that it was interesting seeing a name that I recognized. I don't actually know anything about them though.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
250 miles from Lexington, KY is probably how far I'd be willing to travel; however, that could change and we may be willing to travel farther. As far as a working or show line, we are open to both as of now. My first shepherd was show line and our rescue seemed to be from working. We would like a less driven dog if possible, as we want a companion type dog but will do training like obedience and tricks. Ideally, I wouldn't mind getting into agility but not 100% sure on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts