German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking for a black and red male puppy to compete in Rally and obedience. We like the German showlines and this is what we're looking for. We may look into other states such as Va. NC., and Pa. If anyone knows of a reputable breeder in these areas, please let me know.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Are you absolutely set on the color?? There maybe be a black sable/black breeding that will produce some pups with drive, nerves, stable temperament, natural handler focus, and have some health checks done on both parents. Calmer in the home (an off switch), yet ready to work for you when you ask. Remember you can get different drives within a litter too.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Red/Black German Showline???

We are looking for a black and red male puppy to compete in Rally and obedience. We like the German showlines and this is what we're looking for. We may look into other states such as Va. NC., and Pa. If anyone knows of a reputable breeder in these areas, please let me know.
Keep clicking and reading posts from people on this site. We are all pretty 'bad' :) about posting tons of photos so you may see what you like from that. You can then PM (Private Mail) them or even use the link many of us put about our dogs in our signatures.

May want to put 'German Showlines' in the Subject line too. May catch a breeders eye and they will contact you!

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Not sure which part of Ohio you are in, but here's a few kennels I was looking into when I was looking at showlines - I went with a working lines pup instead and drove to Virginia for her.

Home Clearcreek (near Lebanon)

WilmothHaus Kennels Wilmoth Haus

Kilann German Shepherds - West German Show LinesAKCQuality German Shepherds  Kilann (Kentucky)

Home Richthofen

Home Page Vom Buflod (Waynesville)

I haven't checked all of them out completely but they were ones I had bookmarked for future reference.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you absolutely set on the color?? There maybe be a black sable/black breeding that will produce some pups with drive, nerves, stable temperament, natural handler focus, and have some health checks done on both parents. Calmer in the home (an off switch), yet ready to work for you when you ask. Remember you can get different drives within a litter too.
Yes, absolutely sure of black and red but thanks.:)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep clicking and reading posts from people on this site. We are all pretty 'bad' :) about posting tons of photos so you may see what you like from that. You can then PM (Private Mail) them or even use the link many of us put about our dogs in our signatures.

May want to put 'German Showlines' in the Subject line too. May catch a breeders eye and they will contact you!
Thanks for the great tip.:)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure which part of Ohio you are in, but here's a few kennels I was looking into when I was looking at showlines - I went with a working lines pup instead and drove to Virginia for her.

Home Clearcreek (near Lebanon)

WilmothHaus Kennels Wilmoth Haus

Kilann German Shepherds - West German Show LinesAKCQuality German Shepherds* Kilann (Kentucky)

Home Richthofen

Home Page Vom Buflod (Waynesville)

I haven't checked all of them out completely but they were ones I had bookmarked for future reference.
Thanks. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.