German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I'm very new to this forum so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong section.
I'm looking for a reputable breeder of working German shepherds, I'm 18 and I hope to become a dog trainer and I need a dog to bring with me to the Natonal K9 learning center in Columbus Ohio.
I'm looking for a dog with moderate drive/ energy and with working lines. I admitidly do not know a huge amount about the process of getting a dog from a breeder so if anyone has any advice or tips for me that would be very appreciated. thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
Hi kj and Welcome! :greet:

First ---- research, Research, RESEARCH! ;)

There are many qualified people here to assist you! A little info will help!

*Are you planning on taking a "puppy" to this training center or are you looking for an adult dog? I found the requirements on their site:
Yes, we encourage each student to bring a dog to take through the course. The following are our recommendations to prospective students that allow them to get the most out of their experience at National K-9.
The recommended age range is from 8 months to 3 years for the Master Trainer (6-week) Course. Dogs can be as as young as 16 weeks or as old as 5 years if a student is enrolling in the Obedience/Behavioral (3-week) Course. We also recommend the dog be medium to large sized. http://www.nk9.com/faq.html

*Have you asked exactly what the training center requires?

*When is this taking place?

*What activities or sports do you plan on doing with him/her after this?

*What type of lifestyle do you have that will include the dog?

*If you live at home, is your family on board with this?

*What is your price range? (usual is $1,600 to $3,000)

*How far are you willing to travel (hours/miles)?

*Are you willing to have a dog shipped?

Here are some good reading materials!
(German Shepherd and Schutzhund Articles, by Wildhaus Kennels )

Things to look for in a 'Responsible' Breeder

German Shepherd Guide - Home

Moms:)

·
Registered
906 Posts
K.Here are a few previous threads that have the info that you are looking for:

GSD Breeder in Ma/New England - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Old 05-31-2016, 02:38 PM Thread Starter. JRay. New Member. Join Date: May 2016. Posts: 8. GSD Breeder in Ma/New England ...
German Shepherds : German Shepherd Dog Forums...breeder/648145-gsd-breeder-ma-new-england .html

Looking for breeder in MA (or surrounding states) - German ...

Nov 29, 2015 ... Hello, I am interested in purchasing a German shepherd and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good breeders in MA or New ...
German Shepherds : German Shepherd Dog Forums...breeder/601290-looking-breeder-ma- surrounding-states.html

German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - breeders in ...

Also located in Rowley,MA is NordOsten Kennels which breed sables/bi colors/ black working ... German Shepherd Breeder MA | German Shepherd Puppies MA
www.germanshepherds.com/forum/2142245-post11.html

GSD Breeder in Ma/New England - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog ...

Jun 2, 2016 ... For that amount of money, I want to see the breeder working and. ... I have a dog from Abby Kennels in MA and she's just about the best dog I

1 - 4 of 4 Posts