German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was hiding from the vacuum on the loveseat. Pretty proud of himself too. Chicken pup.

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
I was just looking at some old photos of Hans when he was all ears like that! :wild:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
110 Posts
Beautiful pup Kzoppa!!! My huskies and Malamutes hate the vacuum as well lol....4 dogs on a sofa shouldn't work but they make it work when the vacuum comes out lol.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful pup Kzoppa!!! My huskies and Malamutes hate the vacuum as well lol....4 dogs on a sofa shouldn't work but they make it work when the vacuum comes out lol.

LOL I can picture that! Shasta will stay in her crate like "that thing never comes in here so I'm good" and Dax was up on the couch and going back and forth between my couch and the loveseat and getting up on the back. It was hilarious. He did make a valiant attempt at saving his bone though. The vacuum got too close.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is really funny!! My smallest Siberian ends up on the back of the couch sometimes lol. My youngest Mal will do that same thing with his pull rope when the vacuum comes out....he always waits until it is too close and then barks and talks to the vacuum like he can make it stop haha. Is Dax a Weberhaus pup? I thought I read somewhere he was but am not sure.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That is really funny!! My smallest Siberian ends up on the back of the couch sometimes lol. My youngest Mal will do that same thing with his pull rope when the vacuum comes out....he always waits until it is too close and then barks and talks to the vacuum like he can make it stop haha. Is Dax a Weberhaus pup? I thought I read somewhere he was but am not sure.

yeah Dax is from Weberhaus. He's in my signature. May have seen my thread introducing him. He's a riot. He has more character than I think he knows what to do with sometimes lol.

Zena used to attack the vacuum if it got too close to one of her toys. The second that vacuum got turned toward her though she was scrambling to get away barking angrily at it the whole time. Big bad Zena never afraid of anything but a vacuum.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My oldest Malamute is scared of the broom haha. I think I saw your thread on Dax. He is a keeper!! I am interested in a coming litter from Weberhaus. I have a pup coming in 4 weeks so that interest is gonna have to stay just interest for 2 or 3 more years lol until my coming male is well trained and neck deep in IPO I hope anyway lol. If every pup looks as good as Dax does I think a Weberhaus pup is in my future at some point.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My oldest Malamute is scared of the broom haha. I think I saw your thread on Dax. He is a keeper!! I am interested in a coming litter from Weberhaus. I have a pup coming in 4 weeks so that interest is gonna have to stay just interest for 2 or 3 more years lol until my coming male is well trained and neck deep in IPO I hope anyway lol. If every pup looks as good as Dax does I think a Weberhaus pup is in my future at some point.

Dax is a pretty awesome little guy. Hoping to start training for IPO when he's about a year old, if not sooner. Have to find the time and opportunity but things are a bit crazy right now so basic obedience and socialization are the biggies on the priority list for now.

Malinda has been great. Very honest and helpful. Dax is my first working line pup and my first pup from a reputable breeder as well so it's definitely been a different experience. Shasta was and has always been pretty lazy and Dax is energetic and vocal and just constantly on the move given the chance. I would definitely keep her on my list for my next pup when Dax is where I want him to be training wise.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I know what you mean, life for me is a bit crazy as well. Dax sounds like he should excel in IPO when you two start training. He definitely is a working dog lol. I have heard nothing but positive things about Malinda and Weberhaus. Her dogs look REALLY good. Definitely near the top of my list as well. Weberhaus, Alpine K9 and Schraderhaus are up there for me along with a couple of local breeders. One being my current pups breeder (timber ridge farms) and the other being liberatore. Liberatore is only a couple towns away from me.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know what you mean, life for me is a bit crazy as well. Dax sounds like he should excel in IPO when you two start training. He definitely is a working dog lol. I have heard nothing but positive things about Malinda and Weberhaus. Her dogs look REALLY good. Definitely near the top of my list as well. Weberhaus, Alpine K9 and Schraderhaus are up there for me along with a couple of local breeders. One being my current pups breeder (timber ridge farms) and the other being liberatore. Liberatore is only a couple towns away from me.

Shraderhaus is on my list as well. There's a few others. One has a couple pups available that if I could, I'd jump on. I'm not interested in bringing another female in probably ever again, but two of those pups are female and I'd snatch them up. Lots of potential.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am in the same situation as you haha. There are a couple of litters that if I was brave enough and had more GSD experience I might go on as well. Every time I look I have to remind myself not to email for more info lol. I have a female Sepp husky and an intact female Malamute lol....that is enough for me as far as females go. I just couldn't have another. I have 2 stud Male huskies that go nuts every time a heat cycle comes about.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
:rofl: I love how proud he looks of himself! :D What a ham :wub:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
very cute he kind of reminds me of my little guy , hope he's not too much of a terror like mines though lol :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
The only furniture Gypsy gets on is my bed and my dad's bed. She also hates the vacuum to the point that she'll attack it when it is in use. By the way, Dax seems to be getting cuter from pictures to pictures.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Oh too cute, isn't he just as proud as a peacock! :D

I have to say, my dog thinks the vacuum is alive and wants her toys, so follows it around with her toys in her mouth. When the vacuum gets close she turns her head away like "No! You can't have my ball!" then proceeds to follow it around some more. She's so coy! Such a tease! lol

She always gets a bit worried when the vacuum gets close to the couch where she loses a lot of her toys underneath, like it's going to try to steal them :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts