German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
oh maybe they mean "mate" as in the england/australia kind of mate. like maybe this dog just wantsa friend. ya think?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Originally Posted By: Camerafodder
Originally Posted By: Castlemaid
Quote:Large male german shepherd 2yrs dark sable looking for a mate female preferd
But I guess they'll take a male if they can't get a female?
lmao

One would hope they are talking about a 'friend'!

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
I'm hoping they're British or Aussies!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
too bad its been flagged - they definitely did not mean playmate.... well at least i don't check to see if tildens friends are purebred and titled and specific colors

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally Posted By: Camerafoddertoo bad its been flagged - they definitely did not mean playmate.... well at least i don't check to see if tildens friends are purebred and titled and specific colors

No, they definitely did not mean playmate......

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
His Response ~ (Just for Grins and giggles)

His Ad:

GERMAN SHEPHERD MALE LOOKING FOR MATE (SOUTH FLORIDA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-10-09, 6:26PM EDT

Large male german shepherd 2yrs dark sable looking for a mate female preferd with working lines PLEASE NO SHOW OR PETS PLEASE.this male is a WORKING DOG and looking for the same on the feamle.She most be sable or all black or bi color at least 2 yrs old with a stable temperament or prefert train.Our male has been train for personal protection and has full Obidience training,great with kids and is currently been use for personal protection level 3. we are hoping to have him certified as a patrol k9 early next year.We have many reference about male from trainer that have work with him in the past and will provide references upon request.

My response:

Every time you breed your dog, you affect the lives of anyone that gets one of your pups. Do yourself and them a favor. Make sure your dogs are HEALTHY, get their hips and elbows tested, research their pedigree, find out how long their relatives lived and what they died from.

This includes YOUR dog and the “female mate” you are looking to breed with.

I am the owner of 3 GSD’s and I would like to see the breed improved, not more “backyard breeders” breeding unhealthy dogs, just looking to make a buck.

His Response:

by the way i have train and own over 30 gsd from the top breeders in europe over 20 plus years of exp. and can provide many references whom in fact will make your panties wet just on my references alone. you think owning 3 gsg make you some kind of authority guess what you are just another ignorent wannaby breeder. I train and compete nationaly i last time the last time i check dont recall your name on any even entry so please don't look down upon people you don't know. i let my international kennel refernces speak for them selfs and my dogs DNA speaks for them self which in fact are register wth all major organisations known AKC,UKC,FCI

My Response:

I’m sorry that my e-mail offended you. My 3 shepherds are “fixed” as I know I’m not a breeder, “wannabe” or otherwise, and am really only interested as a lover of the breed. My female, at 5 needed a hip replacement which I gladly provided and maintain through her annual checkups and x-rays. Having been the victim of irresponsible breeders I’m quite concerned about this and hence my e-mail to you. This is not to imply you’re an irresponsible breeder just that “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”.

Now, as for your e-mail to me; you have confirmed my suspicions. Judging by your reference to my panties, your inability to spell or punctuate correctly, I hardly believe you’re the professional you say you are. What I’ve found over the years is that when someone makes crass statements, like yours, that they’re insecure about something, which brings me to your ad: “Large male german shepherd 2yrs dark sable looking for a mate female preferd”, is the inference here that perhaps you could mate your dark sable male, with another male, because the female is only preferred? Last time I checked, breeding was performed between members of the opposite sex. I close by agreeing with you on one point, you should let your references speak for you because you seem to have difficulty speaking for yourself.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my concern for the German Shepherd breed,

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Re: His Response ~ (Just for Grins and giggles)

Actually, he sounds like a few local cops I know. Did the email start with 'Hey how you doin'?'

·
Registered
15,138 Posts

Well if this is this well know why didn't get give his name and WHY oh WHY is he listing on CraigsList.

If you guys go read the Pedigree data base there are many people who are breeders that do not speak or write the English language well. Just because English is your native language, you shouldn't expect that it is everyone's native language.

But I really want to know who this legend is???????

Val

·
Registered
10,225 Posts

Even someone who doesn't speak English would not write so condescendingly. Broken English? Could be. Non-native? Fair chance. Rude and sans couth? Absolutely. OP did not say anything impolite and I would think anyone in the breed who cares about the breed would be thankful for the watchdogs, only desiring a better future for the breed.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts

Diana, the thing is it wouldn't suprise me if this person was fairly well know. Se I have had some less than desirable conversations with some people that a revered by some. One of these so called highly respected people told me the best thing that could happen to my DeeDee is that she would only have a short life and die soon. All because she has weak nerves and some times of the year we really have problems dealing with her fear of thunderstorms.

So I guess nothing really would suprise me.

Val

·
Registered
10,225 Posts

Absolutely right. The mud flies fast and furious in this breed and it seems that a lot of the big names are involved. But still, going on Craigslist to find a bitch? Now that's sad. So much for all the international contacts. Maybe the bitch supply is running dry, that's why they imply they'll accept another male?

No one has any right to comment on owning a weak-nerved dog so long as the dog has a good life, the owner handles the dog properly, and the dog isn't bred knowing that there is a problem. And really, those bits of common sense apply to any dog. It's not their concern since they don't live with DeeDee, you do, so nuts to them. No doubt your dog skills have grown immensely with having a dog that's not perfect, a blessing in disguise.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts