German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...said the little girl (4ish y/o) as she pointed at Flash while we were at a 4th of July town gathering. I about died.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
never heard that one! Yesterday, a 2 year old asked if Morgan was a cat...

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I haven't heard that comment, all I hear when we walk Jesse is "Look it's a police dog" and we get asked all the time if Jesse is a police dog, might have something to do with hubby being a police officer and usually seems to have something on his clothes relating to police examples like Toronto Police shorts, or sweats, or cops for kids shirts, for OVERT Rescue....

·
Registered
29 Posts
LOL, that's funny! I've gotten the police dog thing all the time too, but werewolf, that's different!

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
LOL!

We get "police dog" or "wolf mix" a lot, but never werewolf!!

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I've never gotten werewolf, either, although one time, a young girl (about 7) asked me whether Abby was a fox.

G

·
0 Posts
Nope, no werewolf here. Although Odin has been called both a wolf and a "wolf-dog" more than once. Probably because of his great size. People also aren't all that familiar with sables it seems. To them, Frigga is a coyote.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
A lot of people think Honey looks like an oversized fox!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Are you sure that the little girl wasn't talking about you! :p

Diesel has been called a wolf before but not a werewolf.

·
Registered
241 Posts
On Friday, a little girl asked me, "Is he a police dog?"
I said, "No, he's a couch potato."
She said, "Oh." Then looked at her mom, "What's a couch potato?"

LOL

·
Registered
824 Posts
I've had Ruby mistaken for a bear cub
and a fox. When I had to break it to the woman who thought she was a baby fox (she was very excited) I said.."Actually, she's a German Shepherd"...she lights up even more
"Ooooh! What's thaaat??" and she now uses 2 hands to rub her fur. I barely had the heart to break it to the poor woman that it was a DOG. She obviously wasn't from around here.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Originally Posted By: RubySlippersI've had Ruby mistaken for a bear cub
and a fox. When I had to break it to the woman who thought she was a baby fox (she was very excited) I said.."Actually, she's a German Shepherd"...she lights up even more
"Ooooh! What's thaaat??" and she now uses 2 hands to rub her fur. I barely had the heart to break it to the poor woman that it was a DOG. She obviously wasn't from around here.
LOL I'm about to fall out of my cubicle laughing!!

Lady gets the "police" dog comments.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts