German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I don't know, seems odd.... she didn't mention anything about a spay/neuter contract which is really unfortunate-the last thing we need is more people breeding dogs in Ohio!!! Also I believe the umbilical thing is something that could be passed on to future litters, again these are not dogs you would want bred.
Rosa

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
The pups are darling but what scares me is the price. Ever hear of the old saying, "If it's too good to be true, then it is?" Even if the breeding was an accident and the pups have good bloodlines or long coats, they are still worth more than what she is asking for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
since she isnt shipping, i guess if you would go their to buy one. you should take some1 experienced with gsds to check them out, because you never know, this might be a true chance.

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
God, I hope this person screens the buyers really, REALLY well.

It's not just that the pups are worth more than that, which they certainly are, it's that prices that low can actually endanger the puppies. I applaud this person for being honest and not trying to make a buck on an accidental breeding, but IMO she'd be better off to charge at least $200-$300. All sorts of scary psychos can come out of the woodwork for a $45 pup, and too many people tend to associate something's value with it's price tag which isn't a good sign when it comes to caring for a dog.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Well since she won't ship people will at least leave with a puppy in exchange for their money. Stuff does happen. The ad says AKC "Registered" so maybe they are already registered with limited registration.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the one thing is you have to go pick up the puppies from him. so I guess he gets to feel the buyer out, and as long as you take someone with you that seems to know how to ask the right questions you might be alright. I live in SC so there is no way I'm driving all the way to OH. to get there and something isn't right.

·
Banned
1,754 Posts
You think that cheap you ought to see how cheap they sell pups in Rockford Illinois. I have seen them for 200.00 w/AKC papers too. But the saying - you get what you pay for comes to mind. A few years ago we had a opps breeding and we made the decision to sell the pups with out AKC registration and also screened people very well. I had people so mad at us when I told them that they didn't qualifiy to purchase one of these guy's. This happen due to having kennel help that wasn't worth the s--- and they let our female out with one of our males when I made a point to tell him not to. So yes on rare occation this does happen and since then we made sure and took all precautions so that it wouldn't happen again

·
Registered
542 Posts
Instead of selling the pups for a dirt cheap price and risking bad owners as Chris said, I think the breeder s/d look for family and friends that they trust and give away the pups.

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
I will never forget the dog my brother and I got from a woman that raised pups for the military. The pups were inbred and not acceptable by the military. We were in high school at the time, and knew nothing about GSD's. The breeder was honest, and simply said if you guys want to spend time with the dogs, do it. and for $15.00 you can have one. Her only response was it might be great, but may well be a disaster.

We took a male and to this day many families and friends still say he was the best German Shepherd dog they have ever seen.

Who knows regarding what you get, which could kinda be a nice segway to rescue dogs.

·
Banned
3,320 Posts
The pups are cute as heck. The middle one reminds me of my Max so he may not be coated, just a little tuft by the neck. The back one does appear coated.

I have to admit that the price really bothers me. It seems she wants to get rid of these pups real fast. Truthfully any moron can "pass" an in person interview and that is not a good thing. Couple that with the low price and I don't even want to think who might show up to take one of these pups.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts