Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:halogsd: What's the longest your GSD have lived? :halogsd:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2 weeks shy of 14 years for me. My current Shepherd is 9 years old.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh okay. I was just looking to give people something to do. Plus I was interested... but wow 18.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Honey was almost 14. Niki was the youngest at 7 years 7 months old (osteosarcoma).

·
Registered
332 Posts
My Shadow lived to be 14 also....which in my opinion was not nearly long enough! I miss him every day!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Charlie dog was 14 and Maxie boy was 12 ... God I miss those animals ! :wub:
DJ will be the big 4 next month ! :D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
my Sheia, 14 years and some months

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow 14 seems to be pretty common. My first Shepherd almost hit 14 but left in the summer after kindergarten for me. I got one the next year and she'll be 10 in April :]

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
The GSD I grew up with made it to 16. She was there for my childhood till I was 8. Awesome dog. Her name was Tippie and I still miss her and I am 47.

·
Banned
5,921 Posts
Our first was only 5 1/2 (brain tumor) but she lived long enough to convince me of value of a good GSD.

Also died in my arms in our basement.

Longest we had one was 13 1/2!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
My oldest was a bit shy of 13. Youngest was 9 1/2 (cancer)
My current crew is 11.5, 8 and 3.5.

I had a friend who had a GSD live to almost 17. His name was Sahib.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Our Dakota Just passed away August 11, 2010. She was 14 years, 1 month, and one day.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The oldest that I have had was thought to be around 17 or 18 when he died according to his owner. He came into my life when the lady retired, and could no longer care for him. He was around 15 at that time. I wish I could have known him in his prime he was a great dog.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My aunt and uncle had a GSD I remember from my childhood who lived to almost 18! Her mini-poodle lived to the ripe old age of 21!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My gsd just passed away 1/24/2013 and she was born 2/4/1998. Her name was "Tatum".. She was a black & tan short-haired AKC certified 3rd generation police dog with documention. She was 11 days shy of her 15th B-day.... She was always a healthy dog that was regularly excerised ( morning & night )..
At age 13 she developed "vestibule" syndrome, which she recovered to about 90% back to normal and then we noticed she started developing breast cancer that slowly over the next 2 years spread through-out her body.. We were told by a vet not to have it removed it because it might spread alot faster, so we didn't.......she was a member of the family and will be missed......

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Linus lived to be 15 and about a month.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts