German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the longest living one you know of ?

For me it would be my uncles GS , 18 yrs old (human years) died of old age not so long ago and his other GS was 12 died about a week later he said it wouldn't eat after the old dog died.

Very sad to hear after it being about so long.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know , it got very slow and just lay down and slept and didn't wake up. The other one was harder to watch through the week it just wanted to do the same.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I don't buy it. i'll bet he adopted that dog (the 24 yr old) as an adult and it was younger than they thought. JMHO

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i dont buy it either.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
My female GSD "Anin" was almost 13ys old when we decided to assist in her peacefull passing....(she was our oldest).
I did have a Dobermann that was just turning 18, when she passed away.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Of the Hooligans, Honey died 3 months shy of her 14th birthday.

I worked with a guy at USCS whose 18 year old GSD was killed when he accidently backed up while she was sleeping next to his rear tire. Mark was devastated, the dog had been his constant companion since he was a baby.

·
Registered
772 Posts
My GSD/Rottie mix Sydney was 13 1/2, she passed away in mid-June and her birthday was Oct 6th. So she ws less than 4 months from turning 14.

Kristina
(on another note I just heard of an Australian Cattle Dog who just turned 20!! She is still going, amazing!)

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
No chance in the world that GSD from the youtube video is 24 years old. I'd say he's about half that at the oldest.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The oldest I know of is 16 years old. But I dont buy the dog on the video is 24 years old.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
My sweet Beau who was West German Showlines was sent to the bridge at 13 years 4 months. She was healthy until the day she died.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts