403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you prefer? And why?

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Medium :)

I like both.

My GSD has longer hair than the normal stock coat. His mom was a stock coat and his dad was a long coat. My GSD has a "medium" coat

·
Registered
604 Posts
Short-haird. I just like the clean-cut look better I guess. I've seen alot of very nice coated GSDs, just not my favorite :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
To me doesn't matter - Kai ended up with a long coat - which seems to confuse lots of folks on the street as to what he is - but I think he's a gorgeous 9 mo. old :wub:

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
I'm moving this to a more appropriate forum. Doesn't really belong in the pictures section. :)

-Admin <<----- who happens to prefer standard stock coats

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Short-haired, but I REALLY admire long haired GSD.
Same here, short-haired for the easy care and sleeker look but the long-hairs are cool too.
:D

·
Super Moderator
32,585 Posts
Long stock coat. Because they're soft and cuddly and purdy. :D :wub:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I prefer long haired because I think they are more unique than the stock coat. I have also found that they shed a lot less.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like them both. Have one of each so it would be like picking a favorite child. Standard coat is sure a lot less maintenance though.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I have to say that Stosh really doesn't shed that much even though he's so fluffy- I thought it was going to be a lot worse. I sweep the floor every day and there's not even a handful to pick up. He sheds a lot less than my mom's stock coated gsd. I'd like to say I brush him daily but it's less than that.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I like the long stock coat. I just happen to favor long-haired dogs in general.

·
Registered
174 Posts
When I am ready for my next GSD, I want a really, really good one--with whatever coat he/she comes in! That said, I do have a sneaking liking for those longer stock coats. Wilhoit was a little plushy, though not a long stock coat, and, yes, he did not shed quite as much as the shorter stock coat GSDs I remember from my childhood.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Short haired, they look clean,look like full blooded gsd.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Both. Molly is stock coat, but one of her brothers was a long haired, and both of her parents had stock coats so one of them carried the gene(I think thats how it can work).

Tanner is a plush, his hair is longer than Molly's and he sheds more than her, unless he is really a mix of something else. No matter how many times we brush him, groom him he has that "wild wolf" look.=) My next GSD I want a long haired.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts