·
Super Moderator
7,944 Posts
Doesn't appear to be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, just seem to have longer coat than litter mates. Here’s recent pictures at 3 weeks old
Dog Carnivore Felidae Working animal Dog breed
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Whiskers

·
Premium Member
11,437 Posts
Maybe plushy - maybe borderline - too young to say....

Reactions: ken k

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Is there a particular body part i should picture to define the coat length?
since there are a range of coat lengths with both long and stock coats….first thing i’d do is make sure that LC’s are even possible based on their parents. then, comparing them to their siblings will give you the next clue until they’re about 8 weeks. although ear floofies and longer hair between the toes is commonly mentioned as indicators… i find that it’s not always apparent until several months old. at the baby puppy stage, it’s hard to describe but the hair on the top of their heads is usually quite a bit “puffier” than the littermates and their overall coats appear more silky/wavy.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
since there are a range of coat lengths with both long and stock coats….first thing i’d do is make sure that LC’s are even possible based on their parents. then, comparing them to their siblings will give you the next clue until they’re about 8 weeks. although ear floofies and longer hair between the toes is commonly mentioned as indicators… i find that it’s not always apparent until several months old. at the baby puppy stage, it’s hard to describe but the hair on the top of their heads is usually quite a bit “puffier” than the littermates and their overall coats appear more silky/wavy.
View attachment 578448
Thank you for your reply. Yes it is possible as they carry LC gene. And myself i do think it’s a LC compared to other pups, wavy coat and to touch feels like wool. Although never experienced LC at such a young age so hard to tell ha ha ha 😁

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
from the recent photos… i’d be inclined to say it’s a long coat too 🥰

1 - 14 of 14 Posts