German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the advice of someone here, I am interested in what you all think Rocket may turn out like. I don't really care, but am fascinated by speculating. :blush:

Here is a couple of pix at 9 weeks:

Here's one at 13 weeks,

(He just had his first swim in a mountain river here!)

And some from his first hike today, 15 weeks:

Here are his parents: sire,

Dam:

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Cute!!!! Thats what I say! lol.

I would think the pup would turn out alot like the parents, but genetics are finicky sometimes lol.

just from the puppy pics I would say long coat. But I dunno. Wait until all the puppy fuzz is gone. Just to make sure you should update with pics, lots and lots of pics. For comparison purposes of course. :D

·
Registered
907 Posts
So cute!! He looks like a teddy bear in second photo!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
When people say "long coat" I think they usually are really referring to anything longer than a stock coat.
The "true long coat" has no undercoat but I think people just use the term 'long coat' to mean long stock coat a lot of the time.

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
When people say "long coat" I think they usually are really referring to anything longer than a stock coat.
The "true long coat" has no undercoat but I think people just use the term 'long coat' to mean long stock coat a lot of the time.
Absolutely true. A long coat without an undercoat is very, very rare. Long stock coats are quite common. The term "long coat" is most often used for both and just describes anything longer than a stock coat.

Rocket is a long stock coat. :)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

Does anyone have an opinion on Tessa's coat. Her colors are changing everyday it seems like. I love the look of the longer coat, but however she turns out is fine with us.(she's almost 4 months)

·
Super Moderator
32,033 Posts
Thanks everyone. Anyone with a long coat care to post pix? :D

Dena was a long stock coat, and so are Keefer & Halo. If you click the links in my signature it takes you to their dogster pages and there are lots of pictures there.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm so excited to see how he develops!! I love him anyway he turns out, but I think they're gorgeous. At first, I thought "Aww...I don't want a long coat"--but the breeder thought his temperament and our family would be such a good fit.

I'm glad I trusted him.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts