German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into this puppy. The mom is a short to medium coat and dad is a long coat. What do you think this puppy will be? Puppy is 4 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
6,968 Posts
fluffy head, wavy ears... pretty young to say for sure, but looks like a long coat. a full litter photo would be more telling.

·
Super Moderator
6,968 Posts
Such an interesting bunch... I usually enjoy the challenge and take pride in being able to spot long coats....especially in full litter photos, but like I said, 4 weeks is on the younger side.

There is of course the chance that this is a full litter of stock coats with a range of different coat lengths, that’s certainly possible. But IF the breeder has confirmed that mom carries for LC’s and/or this pairing has produced them in the past.... these would be my guesses 😬
FF96DD3F-B1A8-4F0A-9613-BEEC40761FD4.jpeg

0B7015B4-02ED-4437-981D-F1761E22900F.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Such an interesting bunch... I usually enjoy the challenge and take pride in being able to spot long coats....especially in full litter photos, but like I said, 4 weeks is on the younger side.

There is of course the chance that this is a full litter of stock coats with a range of different coat lengths, that’s certainly possible. But IF the breeder has confirmed that mom carries for LC’s and/or this pairing has produced them in the past.... these would be my guesses 😬
View attachment 559487
View attachment 559488
Okay. What age is it more definitely know? I personally don't care what she is just my own curiosity! :) This is the moms first litter. The sire has produced long coats and is a long coat.

·
Super Moderator
6,968 Posts
Okay. What age is it more definitely know? I personally don't care what she is just my own curiosity! :) This is the moms first litter. The sire has produced long coats and is a long coat.
Both parents have to carry, regardless of their coat type.

6-8 weeks you can be more certain. Some puppies it’s very obvious all along, others it remains questionable for quite some time but there will be sure signs around the ears sooner or later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts