German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lola was in our fenced yard sun bathing this morning while I got ready for work... I don't know what made me decide to look out my bedroom window when I did but thank goodness I did.

I looked out and I see a gorgeous GSD in our neighbors driveway across the street staring at a cat.
It took half a second for it to sink in because I left MY gorgeous GSD in my fenced yard !
I yelled out to DH that the dog was out so he ran down the stairs and out the door.
As soon as he called her she came running ( so happy we have been teaching her that since the beginning)
Turns out I had forgotten to lock the gate and I guess she may have pushed into it and the latch opened.

I'm so very thankful nothing happened, so many things could have gone wrong.
Lesson learned.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I can just imagine that feeling...so glad she's back home safe and sound...

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I have had a couple of those heart in your throat moments. It's really great when all that recall training when they are pups pays off! Glad she is home and safe.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Been there a few times myself. Glad Lola is safe and sound and has good recall. Your training is what kept her safe. Good job. As for the latch on the gate we always seem to have a latch or a door that is difficult to secure. One day last week I walked out to the car and turned around and Lucky was standing next to me. The wind had blew our door to the garage open. He was sitting looking at me like" if Im going w/ you shouldnt I have a leash ?" I now shut the inside door when Im running back and forth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts