1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31,710 Posts
:rofl: ummm...YES!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My old vet told me this dog was part Rottie and he's a vet!!

He is shepherd, chow and poodle mix, but no rottie in his all of 32 pounds.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
I think people see the bicolor and assume Rottie or Doberman.

EmeryGSD, I have no words. Ridiculous.

Although a worker at Petsmart once told me my LH black and Red GSD looked just like a Malinois. I actually asked her if she had ever seen a Malinois and walked away.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have a black GSD so people are always asking what he's mixed with :rolleyes:

At least no has asked you "Why did you crop your black lab's ears?" :rofl:

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I have had someone ask me if mine was part greyhound:confused:

·
Registered
951 Posts
I had someone tell me that female shepherds are mean... my Lulu im sure would protect, but she LOVES kids... mean??? Maybe to a burglar.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I had someone tell me that female shepherds are mean... my Lulu im sure would protect, but she LOVES kids... mean??? Maybe to a burglar.
My smallest dogis female, 20 pounds, and sweet until she isn't. She turns into a cujo. She tried attacking Riley today who is 52 pounds and my parents 65 pound shepherd pit mix. Riley and the mixed dog did not go after her. Thankfully, but she definitely has a mean side to her.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Haha some people.. I was at petsmart the other day with Dixie, and a worker there asked me if she was GS, I was like yes. And she's like 'Are you sure she's pure, she looks to dark to be a GSD' I'm like uh lady, have you ever seen a pure BLACK one before lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
Haha, a little kid once called Jenna, my family's previous long haired Gsd, a wolf. I think he was about 2 or 3 years old though, so the mistake was understandable.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I think mine tops the cake... I had a lady try to tell me that there was no way Penny is pure GSD, that she has to be mixed with a DASCHUND! Thats right has to be mixed with a weiner dog because 'her legs are too short and her body is too long"?? WOW! This was a few weeks ago here is a picture from around that time

Looks really daschundish to me :rofl:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
OMG, that's funny. It's posts like these that make me truly wonder if my first dog was just a Bi-color Shepherd instead of the GSD x Rottie mix we thought he was. He looked so Shepherd-ish that I wouldn't be suprised if he was a PB Shepherd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts