German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in another thread that was started about locked threads in the Urgent section, but then realized that it may not get noticed there since the thread seemed to have run its course. So, here goes...

Originally Posted By: Heidis MomJust a suggestion...

After a specified amount of time, would the mods consider locking threads on urgent dogs that have been saved?

For example, suppose I post that "urgent female" in Timbuktu is safe and sound and on her way to a foster home. IMO, especially if it has been a lengthy process, it would be better to lock the thread say 12 or 24 hours after it has been posted that she is safe than to keep it open for unlimited replies of, "Good save," "That's wonderful," "I'm so glad she's safe," etc., etc.

Please understand, I am NOT in any way, shape, or form knocking the folks who are excited about a save or who have worked hard to bring it about. I have been concerned at times that continuing to bump the saved dogs back up by posting comments causes other dogs in urgent situations to get pushed down the list more quickly.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
In a lot of cases, threads for saved/adoption dogs are moved to the Rescue Stories and Where Are They Now forum, but obviously they can't all be moved there.

I think your idea is a good one, but what about the (many) threads that remain unresolved? Would someone have to follow up on the status of every listing?

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess any that are unresolved could just be left in the Urgent section. My concern is that every time a saved dog gets bumped back up to the top, an urgent dog gets bumped farther down the list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts