German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just adopted Ranger (name to be changed soon - not sure to what name yet) and he is around 110#. He's not my biggest GSD, but he is big and he doesn't fit in the X-LARGE crate used for flying dogs (that's a sight!). I don't think that I have seen a crate large enough to hold him around here, so I'm asking for advice.
I live in southwestern Ontario, Windsor/London area, and I'm close enough to Detroit to cross the border for the right crate. Any ideas??

·
Registered
4,165 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I go to a place called K-9 which is just a few minutes north of Detroit in Warren. They've got the best prices around and I know they sell all kinds of crates. They're not open on Sundays but here's their number if you want to give them a call (586) 939-5960

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I believe Varikennel makes a giant sized plastic crate or they used to. Mine's at my parent's house so I can't verify the brand but I was able to pick it up at a pet supply shop. It's considerably larger than the extra large (which I think of as just "large") that we normally use for GSDs. My giant one was used for a 113lb Shepherd mix to fly in. I recall sitting in it myself, with a 85lb Rottie, and a Dalmatian (everyone had to come check it out) and all three of us fitting just fine.

I think this is it:
http://www.dog.com/item/petmate-vari-kennel-traditional-pet-crate-giant/

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'm going to check out the suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts