German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from a friend. He was telling me that there's a local K9 training and protection facility, who's owner took his own life. In his suicide note, he wanted my friend and others, to do their best to home his dogs. He was specific about who got which dogs.

Anyway, my friend was given a beautiful 2 year old black and red female that needs a home. She's about 60 pounds, and he says she has a great temperament. He said she's beautiful.

The dog is on Staten Island, if interested.

I'm waiting for pictures.

Will update.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'd love to foster the dog, but i have no way of transporting her from the east coast.

I don't think Lisl would like her either.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw an ad about this supposedly posted by the family. GSDs, rotties, and presa canarios.. Guard dogs, working dogs and pets of all ages and sexes. I tried to contact them to help with no reply.

YES! That's it.

If yu need a contact, I have one for you.

Here's a pic of the GSD:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unfortunately I'd only be able to take in a pup(6-8 months or younger). I have a reactive shep/lap mix, along with my 1yo GSD. I wouldn't mess up the pack with an adult dog with unknown issues.. I'm confident in "fixing" issues in pups if there are any.

Feel free to pass along my info. I'll message you. I'm a vet tech, my boys are my life, and go everywhere I go whether its a quick trip to the store, riding with me at my fathers farm, or hiking the 2,184 mile long Appalachian Trail!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
I had a woman looking for a retired dog to adopt last week.....I just pm'd you her phone number....have your friend call her!

Lee

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
she is beautiful, im sure you will find her a loving home. there is a gsd rescue in nj, garden state rescue, im sure they would take her no problem.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jean,
To the best of my knowledge, no compensation was expected.

The GSD in the photo is with a personal friend, and he made it very clear that he just wants a good home for the dog.

He was explaining that the owner left a recorded message at the scene, saying that he wanted to be sure this GSD does not end up in a shelter.

I'll ask if he's expecting compensation. If he is, then feel free to remove the post.

I'll update.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts