German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
What do you mean by silver black?

I think that if you pair a blue with a liver, you get fawns. Or maybe it's a liver carrier with a blue carrier where you get some fawns....

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Black/silver isn't considered a dilute, it's simply faded red (if I'm correct). Dilutes are the blues and livers.

Do you plan on breeding them?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right, wrong wording,the tan is faded. I just have seen that they tend to throw white and silver/blacks. And yes, I have. I know the back lash, but they are great dogs and many people want one. There will be homes, guaranteed.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
What titles do they have? what health testing? and are you prepared to take back their offspring...at any time in their life...if their home can no longer keep them?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Have they have (at least) their hips tested? Any show titles, whether it be agility, OB, etc.?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry if that sounded rude. You are right. They most likely will be unusual given the colorings. Her dad was white and he is identical to his father. I do plan to have them both fixed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, again, it was a personal decision. Yes I would take them back. All are going to friends and family, keeping contact if possible to all owners.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Maybe you should point all of the people saying "Gee, I want a nice GSD like them" to shelters, where GSD puppies are being killed.

What health testing has been done to prove they are at least physically healthy?

Are you going to require the puppies be spayed/neutered?

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
The shelters are overflowing with great GSD's....many many that won't be saved.....

and I think all of us here have great GSD's...doesn't mean we should breed them.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
You shouldn't be sorry; but there are so many GSDs that need homes as it is. There's no need to contribute to the overpopulation problem. :/

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
There is nothing wrong with breeding two dogs who's family has good health and temperament, conformation, plus working ability (meaning they are able to actually work in some way). If you were to title your dogs and get their health testing done to at least make sure there's less of a chance of bringing puppies who will suffer from bad hips or hearts or something in to the world.

Thank you, again. I have 5 dogs, all but the two are fixed. I always fix every animal. I couldn't agree more.
Then why breed them, if you understand? :( I work so hard to help dogs in shelters, dogs with amazing temperaments... And I fail more than I succeed, and they die. Just watch this, just please do and if it doesn't change your feelings at all so be it, but those are all real dogs in this video, many I have worked on saving.. Many dead.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We seem to be on two threads right now. I understand your point. I can't say much more about breeaing, I will have them fixed.
Thanks for the tip on Kalvin/beagle issue. As I said, he lives with my mom now and gets plenty of space from Kalvin. She brings him over so he can sniff and patrol for lizards and such...so he can be a beagle. He adores my dane/aussie.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
That video made me cry. To see those animals piled in trashcans and gassed to die on top of one another- That was definitely eye opening:(

1 - 20 of 44 Posts