German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dude, my 6.5 month old and I walk daily, normally passed a retirement village that is on the opposite side of the 4 lane street we walk down. We have been working pretty hard on the loose leash manner thing and he has the idea. A time or two he has barked at people we see along the way, but I think I have nipped that in the bud, we will be watching for that to make sure.

We usually see seniors walking when the weather isn't too hot, but always on the opposite side of the street, until today that is. Today I saw a little old lady with a walker headed at us on the same side of the street. I didn't know what the reaction would be, a person, and a walker.

I didn't show any reaction, so I guess that was good. When we got close to the lady, she started grinning from ear to ear. (Dude has always been one of those aloof boys) She told him how pretty he was and he started wiggling like a puppy. He then went on to greet her, oh so gently! Licked her hands and smelled of her. She bent down and he gave her kisses! We stood and chatted a moment and while we were he sat nicely beside me.

I am so proud of my boy I could burst! Socializing does pay off so keep at it everyone!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
That generation was raised with Rin Tin Tin and often have fond memories of GSD's.
These dogs can see into a person's heart. I'm glad you have a positive experience.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It is true , my grandparents loved GSDs and Collies ( Rin Tin Tin , Strongheart , Lassie lol )

That is great he was so gentle :) Good dogs are usually intuitive that way .

I have to say , I smiled at your dog's name :) "Dude" , I love it !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts