German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i had a appt at the hospital in orlando so i had to leave ava at home. this took from 1 to about 8. when i got home she had destroyed the place. i have a friend who is renting a room of of me that got home at 6. who found the house trashed and the tv remote on the kitchen floor. so when i got home i cleaned the mess and my brother went to turn the tv on but couldnt find the remote. the roomate had just left the remote there on the ground and ava continued to chew on it. when i said something he was like i am not cleaning up after your dog. what the @$#% over?
i mean really? what do you do in this spot? sorry bout the rant

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
well i can see where's he's coming from but still uncool.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I would probably just line up some ground rules and keep my dog supervised/away from them, and crated while I was gone to avoid this from happening.

·
Registered
936 Posts
He looks like a puppy in his pic. I would not let any GSD have run of anywhere till at least around 2 years old and that is with incremental time increases even then. I learned my lesson years ago when my 1.5 year old stripped an entire couch and a had a mud fest in the family room...My current little guy of 5 months is in an x pen if left at home alone (which has a crate and puphead in it with toys), in a crate at night or at daycare. He is only off leash when within my eyesight

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
guys Ava is a She and she's about 6 months old. She's not much younger than my pup at 7 months old.

though i do agree she should be crated when you're not home especially since your roommate is a jerk from the sounds of things.

·
Registered
936 Posts
guys Ava is a She and she's about 6 months old. She's not much younger than my pup at 7 months old.

though i do agree she should be crated when you're not home especially since your roommate is a jerk from the sounds of things.
Agree. Crating is good. Though we call the roommate a jerk, is the dog his responsiblilty in any way? Unless he agreed to a house dog, it is up to an owner to control their dog and clean up their messes. IMHO

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Agree. Crating is good. Though we call the roommate a jerk, is the dog his responsiblilty in any way? Unless he agreed to a house dog, it is up to an owner to control their dog and clean up their messes. IMHO

no i dont think its the roommates responsibility but he doesnt need to be a total jerk about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts