German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nerves are fried right now! I don't like play dates at my house, especially when the mom wants to drop their 4 year old off for a few hours. I'd prefer my kids visit at their friend's house and I guess I forgot why!

Morgan went to give my son's play date a kiss and the little girl walked into her teeth. Simple case of Morgan was moving, the girl was moving and the girl ended up with a little red mark. Not a bite, a pressure mark that went away after 10 minutes. But the little girl kept going on that that Morgan bit her. (explained it to the childs mother, who seemed more than cool about it. )

She seemed afraid of Morgan afterward so I put my dog in the house. Little girl keeps following me in the house every time I went in for drinks, snacks, lunch, although I told her not to!

Morgan seemed very sorry about what happened, walking around with her head down and that woeful look in her eyes. I know my dog, she wouldn't hurt a child but she does accidentally give my own kids boo boos once in a while. She's big, strong and not exactly Lady Grace.

Ahhh! My nerves are fried and I was so glad when the little girls mother called that she was picking her up a few minutes early.

Thanks for listening, I just had to rant that out!

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Understandable!!!
Morgan thinks she is just playing and doesn't know her own strength.
I wouldn't have play dates any more at the house if you are that worried!!!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Sorry this happened. Morgan is a good doggie. I'm sure it was upsetting for everyone, including poor Morgan.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right! No more play dates with Morgan around! It just makes me so nervous becuase DDH had a GSD when he was a little boy. The dog put another little boy in his mouth and had to be PTS (uptight parents)

This little girl has a lab so I thought maybe she'd be fine. She's such a happy go lucky kid, I feel bad.

Morgan feels bad too, she's been sulking around all afternoon looking at me like 'I didn't mean it!'

I made a cherry cheese cake, bet I'll feel better later when I'm eating that and watching Dr Who...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts