German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I travel quite a bit for my job and make sure that when i am out of town i call home to talk to my little girl every night before she goes to bed. Well tonight i call home to speak to Emma (my little girl who is 3) and she tells me that she cant talk right now shes "bussy", so i ask her what shes doing and she says "Daddy i train the goggy howd on a minute", I hear her put the phone down and she says "gorgia (dogs name is georgia) pots (plotz) good gurl" she then picks up the phone and says "amost dun daddy hold on.....gorgia siitz....good gurl" at this point mommy picks up the phone and tells me that the dog has done every command given to her and that they have been at it for about a half hour now.

Man I love my girls and i think she is better at this training thing than both my wife and I.:eek::)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Haha, that is adorable! You should ask her to give you lessons when you get back. And ask for the family discount!! ;)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
thats adorable. wish my dogs did that. They love the kids but look at my daughter like she's out of her mind. lol

·
Registered
334 Posts
Adorable photos! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Adorable Pictures!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
that is to precious and often times more true then most people think. My husband and I always prided ourselves on being good trainers however we were young and novice but our daughter (3 at the time) would play fetch but always made the dog sit before throwing the ball made him sit before petting etc.. she was a perfect NILIF representative before we even knew anything about NILIF

·
Registered
174 Posts
You sure are fortunate to have such a wonderful daughter and a wonderful pup. They also are such a credit to the way you and your wife have raised them.

·
Registered
475 Posts
This reminds me of a story my mum used to tell me years ago. When she was growing up her family had a german shepherd named Rex, he was used mostly for security. Mum's family were caretakers of a park and would get a lot of drunks and hoons late at night, and my grandpa would take Rex with him to scare them off. Apparently all the local teens were scared of Rex and he was well respected in the town as being a dog you don't mess with (he'd never bitten any one there was never a need) Anyway according to mum he was mostly my grandpa's dog, but he responded better to my mums baby sister. She could get Rex to do anything. She used to get him to sit and she would lay sticks around him and tell him to stay, and he wouldn't move no matter what, he would stay within his stick enclosure for hours. My grandma would tell him he could move, but he wouldn't. They would have to get my 3-4 year old aunty to release him.

P.S you must be doing a great job with the training of your pup and your daughter is obviously very attentive. well done. :)

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Two beauties! What a blessing! It saddens me to think of those who have gotten rid of their dogs because they were expecting a child. Your family is a great representation of what the GSD breed can be with proper training, socialization and love!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for all the great comments it means so much to me that people i dont even know think that my little family is doing a great job......thank you

·
Registered
606 Posts
I second the comment "people getting rid of their dogs because a new baby is coming...".
You are the perfect representation of how children and dogs can interact appropriately :)

My 6 year old daughter has her own training pouch and clicker and she will sit with both Shepherds and work with them. I have even been utilizing her talent by setting her across the room from me and asking for "touch" back and forth as the dogs run between. Its been a huge enjoyment for me (and her!) to have something we enjoy in common and work together towards a common goal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts