German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have made an appointment for my dog Friday to see a vet. But I just wanted to ask if anyone has had this problem before. Monday I noticed two bumps on Brutus's leg . They looked like huge mosquito bites. I cleaned the area really good and then I noticed that when I got home later that night Brutus had seemed to have removed the hair from biting at them all day. I put some anti itch cream on there and it seemed to have provided some relief for my boy. When I looked tonight at his legs I noticed that there are multiple bumps all over his stomach that I either missed because of all of his hair or because I wasn't paying much attention. These bumps like I have said look like mosquito bites but there are multiple bites so I know it can't be that. We switched his food to adult food on Thursday and I wonder if that is what it is. Any suggestions on how to help until we can get to a vet or any ideas on what it could be would be helpful !!!

Thanks,
Alex

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Agree, can you post a picture?

Have you used any powder carpet refreshers, swiffer products on the floors, wash his bedding in a new soap recently? Laying in the yard, ant bites? Check for fleas?

It almost sounds like a contact allergic reaction. Does Benedryl help with the itching?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ImageUploadedByPG Free1366809733.654209.jpg . This was the best I could get !! With out him squirming all over ! I haven't used anything new or washed his bed . There isn't any new fertilizer on our ground unless they had put some at the dog park. The Benadryl seems to help for a few and then he is back at biting and scratching

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts