German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 8 Posts

· Registered
Bumble
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Working animal

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Companion dog

We were supposed to go to puppy kindergarten tonight, but I caught a virus after the last session, only place I'd been so it had to be there. Friday came down with a sore throat and its moving to sneezing and coughing, so we had to stay home. First time I've been sick since before the pandemic. Being sick with a puppy is very very hard.

· Registered
Bumble
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope it isn't covid, but I have to assume that it might be, and isolate accordingly. I'm doing food games and flirtpole with the pup, and some limited walks, but he's not getting as much attention as before, so he's biting more, doing more snatch and grab to get attention. He basically doesn't settle. So I'm having to crate him more. I would love to stay in bed and get over this faster, but as you say, with a puppy, it's not possible. I hope you recovered completely from your covid. To make this worse, I also have a parrot.

· Registered
Bumble
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. I think I have that long-covid they talked about.
I have read Benedryl is good for eliminating long covid. I don't remember the dosage or duration, it was some time ago I read it. Maybe you can google it and find it. Benedryl is mild other than making you sleepy, it can even be given to babies, so I'd probably try it.

1 - 3 of 8 Posts