German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think littermates would remember each other after 14 mo? I have Ozzy’s sister coming to live with us so just wondering.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I saw a study published recently that showed dogs remembered their littermates and dam for a period of about 2 years (max). Let me see if I can find it. I had subscribed to "dog" on Google Scholar alert mostly to keep an eye on proposed legislation and any legal decisions. Guess I was vague because I get tons of interesting medical and behavioral studies published by university and such in my inbox each day :) Like for instance they are seeing a vaccine resistant strain of distemper in dogs imported from Arab nations. Super! Anyway, let me see if I can find that article...

·
Registered
1,834 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s a long story, but owner can’t give her the life she deserves. Not his choice but he wants the best for her. She will stay with me, be evaluated and go from there.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The norm would be no...but just when you begin to believe that a particular dog will, and surprise you!

I would just treat it as you would any initial introduction, then watch. There's really no way to predict, they're all different!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts